Display pedes
by Noemi Griffin

An Open Letter to Every Guy I Thought Was Interested in Me

By Noemi Griffin - Nov 17 2015

Dear College Males,

What happened? Because I am genuinely perplexed. One day, it seemed like things were progressing nicely. We had long conversations over gross caf food, and then all of a sudden we just stopped talking. If I’m being honest, I don’t even know if it was my fault. But I do have a few questions to ask you.

Did you notice all of the pictures on my walls and how there was one guy common through all of them? Because I can guarantee you that if you did, you read too much into it. If you assumed that said male was my ex-boyfriend, you were correct. If you assumed that I was still dating that said male, you would be incorrect. While he’s not technically still around, the aftermath of a long-term relationship still exists. And I would appreciate it if you would help move along the healing process. I’m not asking for a wonderful moment of healing clarity; I’m just asking for you to understand that I’m trying for something new here. And I would like to know what you’re trying for.

If you’re trying for something casual, that’s fine, I understand that that’s where a lot of guys are at in this stage of their lives. But do know that your consistent flirty text messages and your helpful handedness, though greatly appreciated, do not convey “casual”. If you want a casual flirtationship, let a girl know. You may think that this will go over poorly, that all your plans will come crumbling down. But trust me, some girls are looking for the same thing you are, and you’ll only know that if you’re straightforward.

If you’re trying for something serious, keep in mind that we’re still freshmen in college. While there are some of us girls that are looking for serious relationships, a lot of us are just trying to explore the great wide open that is the college dating pool. But don’t fret! You will find that girl, it just may not happen first semester.

And finally, if you’re trying for something in between, this is where most girls are at right now. We’re not looking to dive into anything crazy serious, especially those of us that were in long-term relationships in high school. But we would like to feel it out and see where we get. Keep in mind that we still need you to tell us what you’re looking for.

Honestly, it’s just disconcerting when you think something is going a certain way and all of a sudden all contact is cut off. And even if you’re not looking for a relationship, I might just think you’re cool and that’d we make good friends. If I was the one sending mixed signals, I apologize, sometimes I'm not sure what I want either. But if you tell me I'm sending mixed signals, I'll do my best to clarify.

Sincerely, a confused college female. 

Lead Image Credit:

Noemi Griffin - Mercer University

Noemi Griffin is a Journalism and Spanish major at Mercer University. Her true passion is dogs and it is truly a great day whenever there is a dog in sight. Instagram: noemioriana Twitter: noemi_oriana