by Nicole Molinari

15 Inexpensive Gifts For Beauty Enthusiasts

By Nicole Molinari - Jan 09 2018

If you're anything like me, you don't always know what to get your friends or sisters for their birthdays or other occasions. I have many friends who are obsessed with makeup and love trying out different products, but these can get very expensive. To help with this, here's a list of 15 health and beauty gifts you can get for the beauty enthusiasts in your life.

1. Sephora Collection Clay Mask

You can get this small packet for only $10. I've used the pink one before and absolutely loved how my skin felt afterwards! The clay is very creamy and spreads nicely. Even though the package says you'll only get four uses, I got about ten uses from one packet while still using generous amounts each time. Sephora also has sheet face masks that you can buy, but they're only good for one use. Generally speaking, if you're not confident in your ability to choose makeup for someone, a generic skincare gift is a great alternative.

2. Lip & Hand Care Duo Set

For only $15 from The Body Shop, you can get a small hand cream and lip butter. This is perfect for anyone who has issues with dry skin and chapped lips as the cold weather hits this winter. 

3. Pure Body Naturals Essential Oils

For just under $15, you can buy your friend a small kit of essential oils. This is a great gift for people who already have oil diffusers and may be looking to replenish their stock of oils. Even if your friend doesn't have a diffuser, these oils can still be mixed into water and other beauty products for usage. On the other hand, if your friend already has essential oils, you can buy them roller bottles for $7. These are handy for directly applying the oils to your skin instead of putting the oils in a diffuser. 

4. Cosmetic Clutch Bag

For $11, you can buy your friend a clutch to carry her makeup with her all over campus. This case can serve a multi-purpose function too: It can be used to hold makeup, cream, jewelry, feminine hygiene products and maybe even sunglasses. The best part? It'll fit easily in her purse. 

5. Exfoliating Body Scrub

Priced at $13, this is a coconut-scented full-body scrub that will exfoliate and smoothen your skin. If you're buying for someone who may not like the scent, you can opt for this subtly scented shea butter body scrub instead. 

6. Jelly Face Mask

These Jelly Masks are a fan favorite by Lush. With a handful to pick from, grab one for your friend or sister for $14. Each mask claims to have different benefits, so choose them based on what you think your friend will appreciate!

7. Naked Lip Scrub Bar

If your friends ever complain about the winter air drying out their lips, consider buying them a lip scrub! Lush sells lip scrub bars for $7. These bars exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells from lips while the butter works to keep them hydrated. 

8. Dream Steam Bar

If your friend likes essential oils, they may enjoy a Dream Stream bar! All you have to do is put them into hot water and rest your face above to allow the steam to cleanse your skin. At $3 a bar, this is a neat beauty product anyone can afford to try.

9. Nail Polish

Brighten up someone's special day by adding a little color to their life! While prices may vary, you can currently purchase this color for $5 on Amazon, or you can buy other colors online and in stores.

10. Eye Mask

For the people who are big on getting their beauty sleep, here's a humorous gift for them. You can purchase this particular mask from Chapters for $12, and there are many other designs to choose from!

11. Mascara

If your friend wears mascara often, buy a tube for them! They'll need another bottle eventually, and what better way to show you care than by gifting them with their favorite brand?

12. Hair Mask

Hair masks can get expensive, so if your friend enjoys them, then you can buy an inexpensive one! Sephora sells a handful of these masks priced at $6. Try to pick one based on their hair type or whatever you think will suit them best. 

13. Blemish Treatment Stick

The Body Shop sells a well-reviewed blemish stick to help people control their breakouts. Priced at $7, this spot treatment is a great gift for anyone, regardless of whether they have acne or not.

14. EOS Lip Balm

Personally, I'm a huge fan of EOS lip balms. Your lips will feel hydrated for a long time after application, and many of my friends love them as well. Purchase a single one for $4 or buy a pack of six for $20 and split them amongst your friends. 

15. Beauty Blender

Beauty blenders are very popular right now since they help women apply their makeup smoothly and evenly. Some stores sell them at a high price per sponge, but you can purchase a few from Amazon for $14. 

If you want to help your friends channel their inner beauty, your gift to them doesn't have to be anything big or expensive. Often times a small gift goes much further than we realize. Pick something you think they'll like, and they'll appreciate the gesture. 

Lead image credit: Pexels

Nicole Molinari - Wilfrid Laurier University

Nicole is a sophomore at Wilfrid Laurier University who is pursuing a major in business administration and a minor in writing. She loves working part time as a lifeguard, and in her spare time she enjoys reading and making memories with friends. A victim of late night syndrome, she knows she needs more sleep but wouldn't want to live her life any other way.