Display j pdxmrvyw4 joshua earle
by Natasha Beauchesne

7 Signs You Have a Major Case of Wanderlust as a College Student

By Natasha Beauchesne - Jan 02 2017

We’ve all been there. Call it what you want: daydreaming, escapism or wanderlust, we’ve all been staring out the window of a classroom or dorm room at some point, wanting to be somewhere else. And for some reason, the urge to travel and see new places always seems to be strongest when you are in college and can’t exactly pack up and explore the Amazons. You may be experiencing the phenomenon known as wanderlust if…

1. You Google travel destinations you know you can’t go to.

Costa Rica? Paris? Sydney? Chances are, you dream big, and looking up all these places only makes it so much worse knowing that you aren’t there.

2. You are addicted to traveling tips.

Packing tips, backpacking tips, how to save money while traveling tips… it’ll all come in handy someday, right?

3. Going on Facebook to see your friends’ vacation photos makes you insanely jealous.

You’ve probably jokingly asked them to take you with them in their suitcase, but then seriously considered it later on. You can’t help but live their amazing trip vicariously through their pictures.

4. You love visiting outdoor-oriented stores.

If you have wanderlust for forests and mountains and waterfalls, stores that stock all those freeze-dried camping foods and hiking boots seem like a dream come true. Just browsing through these stores is enough to make you excited for all the adventures in your future.

5. Everywhere you look, there seem to be quotes about traveling.

Suddenly, all those motivational cat posters seem to be telling you to go out and explore the world. You see signs everywhere that you should go out and adventure. 

6. You are excited for even the smallest trips.

Even though a small hike nearby isn’t exactly a vacation in Europe, you’ll take it.

7. You enjoy daydreaming about future adventures.

This is practically the definition of wanderlust. But until the day you can go out and explore the world, dreaming about it is sometimes just as nice, too.

So while it may be hard to plan your dream trip while still in college, remember that being on campus can be a trip all on its own. If you need to travel, go to a part of campus that you've never seen before, or go to your go-to spot at a different time of day than you normally do. Hopefully all of your traveling dreams will come true!

Lead Image Credit: Joshua Earle via Unsplash

Natasha Beauchesne -

Natasha Beauchesne is a sophomore at Le Moyne College majoring in English with a concentration in creative writing. She enjoys reading, running, yoga, and cuddling with her cats. If you have any leftovers, she will most certainly eat them all for you. Follow her on Twitter @tashabeau