Display cuhq  1w8aaeydi.jpg large
by Natalie Day

Trumpkins: The Newest Halloween Trend

By Natalie Day - Oct 17 2016

With Halloween around the corner, costumes are planned, candy is purchased and the perfect pumpkin carving is picked out. When it comes to pumpkin carving, some people are more creative than others. Because of the upcoming election, many people have decided to make their pumpkins into Donald Trump, calling them Trumpkins. 

This new trend, which is taking Twitter by storm, has been fueled by one Twitter account in particular. @Donald_Trumpkin on Twitter is an account that uses the idea of Donald Trump as a pumpkin to support his campaign. With sometimes vulgar and very opinionated tweets, this account started the #trumpkin trend. However, many #trumpkin carvers are not necessarily in support of the account's views, so this trend has become a source of controversy, like most things regarding the upcoming election.

Want to see the various trumpkins? Check them out below.

Some of these #trumpkin participants create true pieces of art and other try their best. Either way, this hilarious trend is all over the internet, taking over Instagram, as well as Twitter. 

Trump is everywhere, even littering doorsteps and porches this coming Halloween. Will you join the trend with your pumpkin carving skills? If you choose to participate, tweet us a picture @FreshUOnline and join the #trumpkin conversation.

Lead Image Credit: @aprylmiller26 via Twitter

Natalie Day - Columbia College Chicago

Natalie Day is a freshman at Columbia College Chicago and is double majoring in acting and writing. She has traveled to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and Jamaica for mission trips. Natalie spends her free time binge watching Netflix and working on her life long goal of becoming an old dog lady. Follow Natalie on Twitter and Instagram @nat__day.