Display sunset flag america fields
by Natalie Day

Some Trump Supporters Tweet In Favor of Repealing Women's Right to Vote

By Natalie Day - Oct 15 2016

When Trump's "locker room talk" was leaked last week, many women turned away from supporting him in the upcoming presidential election. In the last few days, there have been new demographics that show the difference between men and women voting. A series of polls that was released this week shows that if women voted alone in this election, Hillary would win, and if men were to vote alone, Trump would win.

Image Credit: fivethirtyeight
Image Credit: fivethirtyeight

With this new information, some Trump supporters have taken to Twitter with a new movement. They are using #RepealThe19th to encourage the 19th Amendment, which allows women the right to vote, to be repealed. 

This hashtag was trending earlier this week. However, a large portion of the tweets were those in opposition to the movement. Either way, some Trump supporters were taking the country by storm earlier this week with #RepealThe19th.

As college students, we should make sure to not let people tell us how to vote. We are single-minded, independent individuals who are capable of making a great impact on the future of our country. This is why it's very important to vote. Remember: we can take charge of our future, we just have to take the responsibilities to do so.

Natalie Day - Columbia College Chicago

Natalie Day is a freshman at Columbia College Chicago and is double majoring in acting and writing. She has traveled to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and Jamaica for mission trips. Natalie spends her free time binge watching Netflix and working on her life long goal of becoming an old dog lady. Follow Natalie on Twitter and Instagram @nat__day.