by Natalie Day

6 Thoughts You Have When You Visit Your Old High School

By Natalie Day - Dec 19 2016

Now that finals are over, you finally have time to relax over break. Odds are, you'll feel nostalgic and want to take a trip back to your old high school. If this is the first time you've been back since graduation, these are six thoughts you might have.

1. "Oh my god, I can't wait to see everyone."

Before you visit, you can't wait to see all your favorite high school teachers and your friends that haven't graduated yet. It's also really exciting to walk around your old campus and reminisce on your favorite high school memories.

2. "Hey girl! Haven't seen you in forever!"

Cue the inside jokes and weird greetings we all did in high school. It's natural for these things to come back out when you see your old friends.

3. "These are the freshmen? Ugh."

Now that you've graduated, you haven't experienced the new freshmen class. Everyone hates them, just like everyone hated your class when you were freshmen. Don't worry, they'll grow out of their awkward stage, too.

4. "High school is so weird. I love college."

Nothing solidifies your love for college more than visiting your high school. Remember the gross cafeteria food and cliques? No thanks.

5. "Nobody remembers me."

It's not uncommon to walk down the halls of your old school and get ignored. Odds are a lot of the students that currently attend the school don't know or remember you. Don't worry — your teachers and friends will.

6. "Have fun high schoolers! See you in college!"

Eventually, you'll realize that you're glad high school is over and reliving the glory days is a temporary thing.

It's good to visit your old school and remember what got you to where you are now. Have you visited your old school? Tweet us @FreshUOnline.

Natalie Day - Columbia College Chicago

Natalie Day is a freshman at Columbia College Chicago and is double majoring in acting and writing. She has traveled to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and Jamaica for mission trips. Natalie spends her free time binge watching Netflix and working on her life long goal of becoming an old dog lady. Follow Natalie on Twitter and Instagram @nat__day.