Display scrabble resolutions
by Natalie Day

6 Doable New Year's Resolutions That Will Make You Feel Accomplished

By Natalie Day - Dec 30 2016

Making New Year's resolutions can be overrated and nine times out of ten, college students don't stick to them after a couple weeks. Instead of committing to something big, here are six small resolution ideas that you can actually accomplish.

1. Finish a whole tube of chapstick.

How many times in your life have you ever finished an entire tube of chapstick without losing it, breaking it or forgetting about it in the bottom of your backpack? If you have, you're doing life right. This year, challenge yourself to actually finish a whole tube. 

2. Separate your colors and whites while doing laundry.

As lazy college students, it's no surprise that most of us forget about laundry rules and just throw all of our dirty clothes in one washing machine and call it good. Not this year. Instead, actually separate your clothes into separate loads. These are the first steps in adulting.

3. Finish your shampoo and conditioner at the same time.

An impossible feat - finishing your shampoo and conditioner bottles at the same time. It's a challenge, but if you can master this task, you can be proud of yourself for a day. It's the small victories, right?

4. Fill your gas tank to the dollar.

Nothing is more satisfying then filling your gas tank and the price landing exactly on the dollar. Add a little excitement to a dull day by trying to fulfill this task. A totally doable resolution for the new year.

5. Finishing your homework a day early.

Instead of trying to stop procrastinating, pick one assignment and finish it a day early just because. Once you get a taste of the freedom and lack of stress you have the day before the assignment is due, it might become a bigger habit.

6. Waking up before your alarm goes off.

The best feeling is waking up a couple minutes before your alarm goes off. You wake up refreshed and don't start your morning by hitting snooze. You have 365 days to get it right, so there's no rush.

For the person who hates real New Year's resolutions, one of these six small "resolutions" might be perfect for you!

Natalie Day - Columbia College Chicago

Natalie Day is a freshman at Columbia College Chicago and is double majoring in acting and writing. She has traveled to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and Jamaica for mission trips. Natalie spends her free time binge watching Netflix and working on her life long goal of becoming an old dog lady. Follow Natalie on Twitter and Instagram @nat__day.