by Natalie Day

6 DIY Thank You Gifts for Your Professor

By Natalie Day - Dec 09 2016

As the semester comes to a close, it comes time to say goodbye to your friends, roommate and professors. While you'll see your roommate and friends all the time after break, this might be the last time you see your professors for a while. If you have a professor or two that made an impact on you this semester, it's important to let them know. Here are six DIY ways to say thank you.

1. Sharpie Mug

Sharpie mugs are so cute and completely customizable. Using this tutorial, come up with something cute your professor might enjoy. For example, a cute caffeine molecule design is perfect for your chemistry professor or a quote from your english teacher's favorite book. Not only is this easy, but inexpensive!

2. Book

Nothing says more than giving someone a book that has great significance to you. This gesture is perfect for a professor that you really connected with because it's a little more personal. You can find inexpensive books at used book stores and even wrap them in newspaper for a meaningful thank you gift.

3. Flower Pot

Guyer Family Blog

Flowers are a great way to say thank you, but make them a long-lasting gift by buying a potted plant. You can get some chalkboard paint or a chalkboard pot and write a cute little note on it. You can't go wrong by saying, "Thank you for helping me grow." It's sweet and will be greatly appreciated.

4. Baked Goods

They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. However, this saying goes for almost everyone. Your professor will be surprised and thankful to be given a plate of homemade brownies or cookies. 

5. Something Punny

The possibilities are endless if you want to give your professor something small and punny. By spending just a dollar or two, you can make the smallest things into a gift. A small gift is the perfect way to let your professor know you are thankful for all their hard work this semester.

justaddconfetti.com

6. Letter

The most inexpensive way to show your gratitude is to write a thank you letter. Simply writing down what you learned from your professor and how much you appreciate them goes a long way. 

No matter what you decide to do, any gesture of appreciation will not go unnoticed. 

Natalie Day - Columbia College Chicago

Natalie Day is a freshman at Columbia College Chicago and is double majoring in acting and writing. She has traveled to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and Jamaica for mission trips. Natalie spends her free time binge watching Netflix and working on her life long goal of becoming an old dog lady. Follow Natalie on Twitter and Instagram @nat__day.