Display dark brown milk candy
by Natalie Day

5 Things to Buy When Halloween Items Go on Sale

By Natalie Day - Oct 31 2016

As Halloween comes to a close, leftover Halloween goodies will go on sale. When you can snag 50% off your favorite treats, make sure you're spending your money on something that will go to good use. Here are five items that are worth stocking up on as this holiday comes to a close.

1. Candy

Image Credit: Stitch

While obvious, you can't go wrong picking up a few bags of Halloween candy. Because of the orange and black wrapper, all your favorite candies will be on sale, which means it's the perfect opportunity to stock up on your all-nighter fuel food. The best part is that these treats will be heavily discounted, allowing you to stock up on all your favorites without breaking the bank.

2. Decor

Image Credit: Target

While some Halloween decorations can be gaudy, others are actually usable year round. If you have a more Gothic style, you might find more of these discounted decorations to your liking, but there are others that work for everyone. For example, this lit tree from Target would look cute on your table or dresser all year, as well as this strobe light that you could use for parties. When you go sale shopping, keep a look out for products like these.

3. Costumes for Next Year

Image Credit: Etsy

When all of these Halloween products go on sale, you might want to pick up a few costumes pieces. Nothing is worse than scrambling for a costume at the last minute. However, if you have some cat ears or face paint on hand, you could come up with a costume quickly. Pick up a couple of these Halloween costume staples while they're on sale this year so you're prepared in the future.

4. Art Supplies

Image Credit: Pinterest

Halloween is notorious for creating crafts. From carving pumpkins to homemade decorations, there's an endless selection of arts and crafts supplies. When they go on sale, grab a few bottles of paint, some stamps and any other art supplies you might be able to use throughout the year. Whether it's for a school project or being creative in your free time, it'll be nice to have these things on hand.

5. Onesies

Image Credit: Wheretoget

Last but not least, everyone needs a good onesie. Especially this year, onesies as costumes were very popular. When the onesies specific to Halloween go on sale, find one you really love and purchase it. You'll be able to wear it to pajama parties and in general, especially when you're in school.

Halloween is coming to a close, but that doesn't mean it has to be completely over. You still have a few days to make purchases that won't break your college student budget. Happy shopping!

Natalie Day - Columbia College Chicago

Natalie Day is a freshman at Columbia College Chicago and is double majoring in acting and writing. She has traveled to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and Jamaica for mission trips. Natalie spends her free time binge watching Netflix and working on her life long goal of becoming an old dog lady. Follow Natalie on Twitter and Instagram @nat__day.