by Natalie Day

5 Coffee Alternatives You Would Have Never Thought Of

By Natalie Day - Sep 26 2016

Waking up for 8 A.M. classes gets harder as the semester goes on and trying to not make a habit of stopping by Starbucks each morning is easier said than done. There are health risks to drinking coffee daily and let's face it - we're all broke college kids. Many people don't like coffee at all, so how are we supposed to stay awake for our labs and lectures? Luckily, there are many caffeine alternatives. Check them out below.

1. Tea Soda

Image Credit: Motto

Tea and soda are two obvious caffeine alternatives to coffee. However, did you know tea soda is a thing? This carbonated drink is made from green tea powder, making it full of caffeine and delicious. Not only is this drink unique, it has a multitude of health benefits you can't get with coffee. After drinking Motto, you'll feel fresh, energized and ready to take on the day. For more information, check out their website here.

2. Chocolate

Image Credit: Amazon

It's well known that chocolate is full of caffeine. However, the brand AWAKE makes a chocolate bar with extra caffeine. This delicious coffee alternative is a great way to start your morning off with a sweet treat. There are plenty of flavors, like caramel, so you can choose your favorite pick-me-up. You can find where to purchase these here.

3. Soap

Image Credit: Bath Buzz

Believe it or not, caffeinated soap does exist. What better way to wake up in the morning than including caffeine in your normal routine. You can step out of the shower each morning feeling refreshed and prepared to take on your day. Bath Buzz's peppermint flavored caffeinated soap contains as much caffeine as 24 cups of coffee in one bar, making it the perfect alternative to coffee. You can purchase it here.

4. Lotion

Image Credit: Bath Buzz

Bath Buzz doesn't stop at just soap. They also have a caffeinated lotion, which comes in three different scents. Each scent has a different specialty. For glowing, radiant skin, purchase the grapefruit scent. For hydrated and smooth skin, rosemary mint is the best option for you. Lastly, lavender is the perfect scent if you want to feel calm and collected. The best part about these lotions is they are infused with caffeine, leaving you energized after each use. You can purchase all three here.

5. Gummy Bears

Image Credit: Energy Gummi Bears

You can't go wrong with candy for breakfast, especially when the candy gives you energy for the whole day. Loud Truck EFG LLC is a small company that makes Energy Gummi Bears, a candy that has the same effect as an energy drink would. This energy alternative is not only delicious, but perfect for study snacking or for a sweet treat on your way to class. For someone who hates coffee, you can't go wrong with candy. You can buy these gummy bears here.

If you hate coffee, don't fret. There are plenty of unique caffeine alternatives that are perfect for busy college students like you.

Natalie Day - Columbia College Chicago

Natalie Day is a freshman at Columbia College Chicago and is double majoring in acting and writing. She has traveled to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and Jamaica for mission trips. Natalie spends her free time binge watching Netflix and working on her life long goal of becoming an old dog lady. Follow Natalie on Twitter and Instagram @nat__day.