Display maxresdefault
by Natalee Gustin

Midterm Season as Told By Jennifer Lawrence

By Natalee Gustin - Mar 10 2016

Midterm season has blessed us with its presence once again! We all know what this means -- copiously writing notes, late nights at the library, schedules of study groups and lots of stress.

Sorry, there's no escaping it.

Indeed, it is very, very sad, but there's a lot more to midterms than just sadness. Thankfully, the queen of wit, sass, and food cravings, Jennifer Lawrence, is here to help us sort out all of our feelings about midterms.

1. You start with your game face on. 

Midterm season begins with high hopes, a decent sleep schedule and you have a set plan for studying, attending class, essay writing, and keeping yourself in check.

2. However, you're aware of the daunting tasks ahead.

3. Let the studies commence!

Getting started is the hardest part, and knowing about the late nights and hours of frustration ahead are unpleasant thoughts to say the least.

4. The seconds of pure bliss when you find out there's a study guide.

There is hope!

5. When your professor says, "There will be material on the exam that was not covered in class."

THE WORST. Why am I paying to have to teach myself??

6. Exhaustion quickly sneaks its way in.

Caffeine has pretty much replaced your blood by now.

What is sleep??

7. You have so much information in your head you start to think there's actually nothing there at all.

8. Your focus hits negative levels.

Anything and everything can and will distract you. It's definitely time for a study break.

9. Junk food cravings reach all time highs.

One of the greatest things about the world is pizza delivery until 3AM. No, as a courtesy, calories do not count during midterms.

10. That moment when someone asks you how you are doing...

This is most likely a deadly question that should be handled with caution.

11. The day of the exam finally arrives.

Whether you're feeling confident or totally clueless, there's not much you can do now except your best.

You're pretty much braindead after filling in SO MANY BUBBLES.

12. When the time comes to check your score, you're more than a little terrified.

13. The results are...

You passed! All that studying payed off.

You're less than happy...really sad, actually...maybe the professor entered your grade in wrong? Maybe you took the wrong test?

It's okay to be sad or mad. You live and you learn, right?

14. If you fall, you get back up and try again, right Jen?

There's always finals to look forward to...

15. Just remember...

If you have taken all of your midterms, congratulations! Have a fun, well-deserved spring break.

If you still have some work to do, keep going and may the curves be ever in your favor.

Lead image credit: MTV News

Natalee Gustin - University of Minnesota Twin Cities