by Nancy Canevari

9 Things To Do on Campus on A Great Weather Day

By Nancy Canevari - Feb 07 2017

Even if your campus is buried under snow right now and you can't remember what the sun looks like, spring's going to be here in a few short weeks. With that will come better weather and a host of new activities that you can do, so here are nine suggestions for things to do on campus when the sun is shining.

1. Take your homework outside.

Sometimes changing your surroundings is what you need to become more productive. Any kind of work is also made better when you're surrounded by nature and sunshine.

2. Turn any meal into a picnic.

Grab a few friends, some to-go plates from the dining hall and take your food outside. Fresh air may not improve dining hall food, but it'll at least improve your mood while you're eating it.

3. Exercise outside.

Whether you choose to ride your bike or go for a jog around campus, warm weather provides the perfect excuse to get out of the gym and do some exercise outside in nature.

4. Have a photoshoot.

Find a pretty place on campus and have an impromptu photoshoot with some of your friends. It can be as goofy or as serious as you want; what matters is getting outside.

5. Attend a sporting event.

Sitting in a gym for hours in the winter is the opposite of a good time. Once spring sports start up, go to a game to enjoy the outdoors and support your school.

6. Walk somewhere you would otherwise drive or take the bus.

Whether you're heading to class or the store, if it's in walking distance and the sun is shining, take advantage of the weather and get in some exercise for the day by walking instead of using alternative transportation.

7. Go to a farmers market.

Lots of college towns have farmers markets that open up in the spring. They're a great place to try local food and interact with members of the community, so definitely head to one if you have the chance.

8. Have a water fight.

Once the weather really starts to warm up, make some cheap water balloons and have a water fight with your friends in a grassy location away from anything — or anyone — you don't want to get hit. It's a great way to blow off some steam while outside.

9. Have a stargazing night.

Pick an evening when the weather's clear, grab a blanket and head outside. Even if you don't know anything about astronomy, it's a great way to unwind.

Even if it seems as though spring will never get here, hang in there: it won't be cold forever. When the warm weather finally rolls around, keep these activities in mind to take advantage of the sun.

Nancy Canevari - Smith College

Nancy is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is a sophomore at Smith College and plans on double majoring in secondary education and English, with a concentration in creative writing. She's originally from New Jersey, a place she views with one part love and one part exasperated disgust. She loves dogs and young adult high fantasy novels a bit too much and spends most of her time drinking tea and yelling about politics. Follow her on Instagram @fearlesslynancelot for some solidly mediocre content.