Display leadimage
by Nancy Canevari

10 Times Brooklyn Nine-Nine Accurately Summarized Life in College

By Nancy Canevari - Mar 20 2017

Brooklyn Nine-Nine has captivated millions of viewers across the world, combining the intrigue of a crime drama with the humor of a comedy. In addition to that, however, the characters have accurately described life as a college student numerous times. Here are just a few.

1. When your life is falling apart but you're trying to pretend you have it together.

2. When you ace an exam you thought you failed.

3. When you're questioning everything.

4. When you check your grades.

5. When you have no idea what your professor is talking about.

6. When your neighbors won't stop playing music and you need to sleep.

7. When you wake up after a night out.

8. When you're finally able to hang out with your friends.

9. When you're trying to avoid writing your paper.

10. When your grades are slipping and there's nothing you can do about it.

Even when college is at its hardest, having entertaining shows is a great way to cheer yourself up. The entertainment is doubled when you can easily relate to what's happening on screen, so next time you're watching your favorite sitcom, take a minute to see anything you're watching is reminiscent of college life. You may be surprised at how many similarities you find.

Lead Image Credit: Fox

Nancy Canevari - Smith College

Nancy is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is a sophomore at Smith College and plans on double majoring in secondary education and English, with a concentration in creative writing. She's originally from New Jersey, a place she views with one part love and one part exasperated disgust. She loves dogs and young adult high fantasy novels a bit too much and spends most of her time drinking tea and yelling about politics. Follow her on Instagram @fearlesslynancelot for some solidly mediocre content.