Display eggs
by Michelle Chan

3 Ways To Cook Eggs In A Microwave

By Michelle Chan - Oct 19 2015

Feeling hungry, yet lazy? Keep reading and say no more.

1. Scrambled Eggs

cookingclassy.com

Cook Time: 90 seconds*

You''ll need : - 1 microwave-safe mug 

Ingredients - 2 eggs - milk- salt (optional) - pepper (optional)

Directions:

Crack two eggs into a microwave-safe mug. Pour in a splash of milk for some fluffiness. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Whisk the eggs to a milky consistence. Put the mug into the microwave and microwave for about 45 seconds. Take the mug out and mix the contents. Put the mug back into the microwave for another 45 seconds. Then take out the mug and break up the inner contents with a fork. There you have it, your scrambled eggs.

Watch video tutorial here

2. Poached Eggs

pingandting.com

Cook Time: 90 seconds*

You'll Need: - 1 microwave-safe mug

Ingredients: - 1 egg - Water - Microwave-safe plate/Paper towel

Directions:

Crack one egg into a microwave-safe mug. Pour water into the mug until the egg is completely submerged. Place mug into the microwave and cover the top with either a microwave-safe plate or a paper towel. Microwave the egg for about 90 seconds, and it should be finished.

Watch video tutorial here

3. Hard-Boiled Eggs

tumblr.com

Cook Time: 6 minutes*

You'll Need: - 1 microwave-safe mug

Ingredients: - 1 egg- Water- Salt- Microwave-safe plate

Directions:

Place one egg into a microwave-safe mug. Fill the mug with water until the egg is completely submerged. Add some salt. Place the mug into the microwave and cover the top with a microwave-safe plate (please note that this may not be a 100% fool-proof method so be extremely careful!). The salt and plate are there to prevent any mess from happening. Microwave for about 6 minutes. Let the egg cool after taking it out.

Watch video tutorial here

*Disclaimer: Every microwave is different in terms of their power settings, so please adjust the cooking times accordingly. 

Happy eggs-perimenting!

Lead Image Credit: ghk.h-cdn.co

Michelle Chan - Northeastern University

Michelle Chan is a freshman at Northeastern University majoring in Nursing. She went to a high school that was majority-minority, but now that she's in college, she's finally experiencing what being a minority is like: not all that different, actually. She enjoys spending her free time binge-watching Netflix, reading books by her favorite author Stephen King, and eating dessert. You can find her on Instagram @michelleeebells!