Display mv5bmje0ntgwodk0of5bml5banbnxkftztgwmtc2ntq0mde . v1 sx640 sy720
by Mia Renee Cole

Your Thanksgiving Friendship Bucket List

By Mia Renee Cole - Nov 15 2015

1. Make a fort and have a sleepover.

tumblr.com

There’s no better way to embrace your childhood than building a fort out of blankets, cushions, pillows and chairs and sleeping in it with all your friends. Allow a night to relax from schoolwork and stress while on break and take some time off with your closest friends who are also home. Build a fort, light some candles, play some games, pop some popcorn, watch a movie…the list goes on and on!

2. Attempt to make your own PSL.

whatgiftoday.tumblr.com

Pumpkin Spice Lattes are fall’s newest and most popular staple, so why not try to create your favorite drink in your own home with your own friends? Even if it all goes horribly and your creations taste disgusting, at least you’ll get a few laughs with friends.

3. Paint some pumpkins.

peanuts.com

Who said pumpkin decorating was meant just for Halloween? Grab some pumpkins and get a-paintin’.

4. Host a “friends giving.”

piexme.tumblr.com

Thanksgiving isn’t just a time to be thankful for family, but also for friends. Hold a “friendsgiving” for all of your closest friends to attend. Have everyone bring their own dish and crack open a bottle of sparkling grape juice.

5. Volunteer at a food pantry.

reddit.com

Even though you may be rolling your eyes at this right now, keep in mind that volunteering with your friends can be a lot of fun. It also makes you feel good about yourself during a time of year that many people are alone and hungry.

6. Play a game of flag football.

felipenavarro.tumblr.com

Pretend you’re the Kennedys for a day, and play some football in your yard. Something’s refreshing about breathing in crisp, fall air and being tackled on crunchy, fall leaves.

7. Go Black Friday shopping.

gifsoup.com

You’re broke, you’re young and you need to get Christmas presents for your folks. Why not go Black Friday shopping (or Small Business Saturday shopping) with your friends? Besides, they’ll probably be more willing to join you than your parents will be.

8. Jam out to Christmas songs.

reddit.com

As soon as Thanksgiving ends, it’s officially socially acceptable to listen to Christmas music (yay!). Spend a while to turn on your favorite artist (hello, T. Swift) and listen to their Christmas album, belting out all of the songs at the top of your lungs.

9. Learn how to knit.

buzzfeed.tumblr.com

Maybe it’s because I love knitting, but fall and the holidays always makes me want to knit and it was this time of year that I originally taught myself how. Use some pencils (in place of knitting needles) and spare yarn and watch some YouTube videos to learn how. Nothing like a group effort!

10. Host a craft party.

warnerbrosentertainment.tumblr.com

If you’re particularly crafty (like me), craft nights are always fun. Either host it at your home or at a local paint-along business. If all else fails, you can always just go to Build-A-Bear.

Image Courtesy of: Warner Bros. Pictures

Mia Renee Cole - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Mia Renee is currently the Senior Editor with Fresh U and a student at UNC Chapel Hill, where she is studying Spanish and French. In her free time she enjoys knitting, photography and drinking hot tea while writing on her personal blog. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @miareneecole or her blog at miareneecole.com!