by Mia Renee Cole

What It's Like Going to My Dream School

By Mia Renee Cole - Sep 09 2015

Walking to my classes every day is like a dream. I don't know about other people on my campus, but for me, this is the only place I've wanted to ever go to college.

When I was twelve I took a tour of UNC Chapel Hill. Well known for it's education and basketball, Chapel Hill is a favorite among North Carolinians and out-of-state students alike. Among it's famous icons such as the Old Well and Bell Tower, Chapel Hill is famous for its gorgeous campus. It's why I fell in love with it in the first place.

At twelve years old, I stepped on a college campus and immediately knew where I wanted to go to school. Many teens don't know where they want to go to school until their senior year of high school; I was one of the lucky few that had the chance to go where she'd always imagined.

I attend my dream school.

Going to my dream school is feeling my heart beat faster every time I hear the Bell Tower chime on the quarter hour, it's feeling pride as I watch the visitors and families that come to picnic or spend a Saturday under our beautiful trees, it's being excited to wake up for my M-W-F 8am class because I know I'm getting an education at one of the best schools in the country.

Going to my dream school is choosing not to go back to my dorm in-between classes; I'd much rather do my work in the openness of the quad or on the marble steps of Wilson Library. Going to my dream school is actually having excitement, for the first time in my life, about sports and whether or not we win or lose.

Here, every student wants to actually be a Carolina Tarheel. Being a student at UNC means so much more than simply studying or cramming for exams the night before. Our blood runs Carolina Blue and we're all grateful and enthusiastic to attend such an amazing university. Going to my dream school is knowing that everyone chose to be here and they love it just as much as I do.

Lead Image Courtesy of: Walt Disney Pictures

Mia Renee Cole - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Mia Renee is currently the Senior Editor with Fresh U and a student at UNC Chapel Hill, where she is studying Spanish and French. In her free time she enjoys knitting, photography and drinking hot tea while writing on her personal blog. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @miareneecole or her blog at!