by Mia Renee Cole

The Perfect Planner to Match Your Personality Type

By Mia Renee Cole - Aug 12 2016

In all the years I've been using planners, I can definitely say I've gone through a lot of brands. From my well-loved Vera Bradley, to my leather-bound Kikki K, to my Walmart brand planners, I've experienced them all. And though I've found my perfect planner match now, I'd like to help you find yours, just in time for freshman year. What planner will work best for your personality?

1. The Basic

moleskine.com

Used and well-loved by Fresh U CEO, Kate Beckman, the 18 Months Moleskine Notebook is perfect for the person who is just looking to get the job done. Its simple, yet sleek design is both attractive and useful - without all the frills of other planners, and its weekly layout allows you to plan your week on one page and take notes on the other, a neat feature specific to this planner. The Moleskine planner is not just basic, it's high quality - like you.

2. The Prep

lillypulitzer.com

Lilly Pulitzer and Vera Bradley planners are great for the self-proclaimed preps, or for anyone looking to have a decorative, low-maintence planner. These girly, patterned planners are fashionable and fun to use. Both come with stickers to easily decorate your planner as well as inspirational quotes and stunningly beautiful pages. They're functional, high-quality and great to match any of your other Lilly/Vera gear.

3. The Crafter

erincondren.com

If DIY has your heart, and you love to put a little personal touch on literally everything you do, the Erin Condren or Happy Planner are for you. Both planners are incredibly similar, but have two major differences: the Erin Condren is pricier, and it doesn't give you the flexibility to take out the planner sheets like the Happy Planner does. The two planners are also currently booming in the online planner community at the moment, so finding the ways and means to decorate them are incredibly easily. 

4. The Academia 

seedededucationery.com

If you don't feel the need to plan anything other than your homework or essays - or just want a separate method of planning out your classwork - seed.ED Educationery is for you. Developed by YouTuber Jessica Holsman, the three planners they've created are great for planning out your homework, projects and essays. There's a twist, though: these planners aren't bound - they're in the form of large notepads. Fear not: they're still effective and structured perfectly for the academia in you.

5. The Over-Scheduler

staples.com

Sometimes all you have are appointments, and keeping track of your schoolwork is the least of your worries. If this is the case, The Blueline Note Pro Undated Daily Planner is just for you. It maps everything out by the half-hour, so you can schedule your activities for every thirty minutes. It also leaves room for notes and is undated, meaning you can buy it whenever, and use it whenever. It's professional and clean-cut design gets rid of any confusion with scheduling so you can make the most of your meetings.

6. The Writer

mochithings.com

If you're more of a journaling type of person, MochiThings has just the planner for you. The Mon Cahier Journal Daily Planner gives you plenty of room to plan while also allowing you to journal at the same time. It's a great two-in-one and it comes in multiple colors! 

7. The Minimalist

anthropologie.com

Here's to calling all the minimalists: Anthropologie has has a cool planner for you! The Year-Less Planner is minimal planning at its best. You add in the dates and events you have going on - the planner just works as a template to fit your needs. If you're looking to write down just what is necessary while also remaining chic in your design and style, this is the planner for you.

8. The Slacker

keyword-suggestions.com

Whereas keeping a planner in college is only going to put you on the fast-track to succeed in your classes, some people just aren't made to work with them. If this is the case, the Notes app on your phone - or a real-life, actual notebook - will do the trick. Just make sure to write it down!

Lead Image Credit: unsplash.com

Mia Renee Cole - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Mia Renee is currently the Senior Editor with Fresh U and a student at UNC Chapel Hill, where she is studying Spanish and French. In her free time she enjoys knitting, photography and drinking hot tea while writing on her personal blog. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @miareneecole or her blog at miareneecole.com!