Display tumblr mlgv3ynzdw1r21b03o1 r1 500
by Mia Renee Cole

The 5 Best Apps for College Students

By Mia Renee Cole - Oct 13 2015

We're all addicted to our phones, tablets and laptops...let's just admit it already. We can embrace this addiction, though, by utilizing it successfully at school. Here are my five favorite apps to use on my phone or iPad (interchangeably) for school.

Number 5: Kindle

play.google.co

This app is super helpful if you have a Kindle, but you don't have to own one to use the free app on iTunes! Store your entire book collection in one place, including those lengthy novels your professors assign. It will be less of a stress on your back and you'll always have your readings with you wherever you go!

bdmtech.blogspot.com

Number 4: Google Drive

techcrunch.com

It's no secret that Google is pretty great. If you don't have a Gmail account already, you should probably go make one right now. Google Drive is the BEST place to make and save your work (instantly!) on multiple platforms. Have it downloaded on your phone or tablet so you can easily access all of your documents with a click of a button (or tap of the screen, in most cases).

appx4fun.com

Number 3: Quizlet

smarterlearning.me

Quizlet is my favorite way to study. Everything is "on-the-line" now, so might as well start doing flashcards that way too. Download the Quizlet app and sync it with your account online and instantly access all of your personal flashcard sets and others as well! You can play games, review or "learn" your terms on your phone or tablet. The one function that I love best that isn't available on the app yet: the testing portion. You can choose a flashcard set to have generated into a test for you to take. Get on it, Quizlet!

bdmtech.blogspot.com

Number 2: Sleep Cycle and/or Power Nap

rainiericommunications.com

These two apps are my new favorite thing and what makes them even better is that they're developed by the same company. Sleep Cycle is a new kind of alarm clock that will wake you when you are in your lightest sleep during a thirty minute time period that you set the night before. You wake up in the mornings feeling so much better! It's sister app, Power Nap, is my favorite thing since naps themselves. You're able to set the app on three functions: "Power Nap" which will let you sleep twenty minutes, "Recovery Nap" which will let you sleep 45 minutes and "1 Sleep Cycle" which will let you sleep around 120 minutes for a full sleep cycle to really feel rested. What's even better? Both apps are under a dollar!

sleepcycle.com

Number 1: Pocket Points

twitter.com

Okay y'all, this is the best thing since sliced bread. Pocket Points is a way for you to earn money while staying off your phone in class! Simply download the app and open it up before your class begins. Once you open it, lock your phone and put your phone away. You earn more points for the longer your phone stays locked. These points then translate to discounts at local restaurants. They even work at my student store! Only downside? Your phone and the app knows your location, so don't try and use the app when sleeping for 8 hours in your dorm. It knows when you're in an actual classroom and when you're not.

thedailymeal.com

So there you have it! Make life easier with these five apps.

Lead Image Credit: 20th Century Fox

Mia Renee Cole - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Mia Renee is currently the Senior Editor with Fresh U and a student at UNC Chapel Hill, where she is studying Spanish and French. In her free time she enjoys knitting, photography and drinking hot tea while writing on her personal blog. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @miareneecole or her blog at miareneecole.com!