As college students, it's important for us to start taking on adult responsibilities, and one of these newfound responsibilities is to vote for the next president of the United States. Sadly, it is proving to be hard for many students to find a side to partner with when going to the polls on November 8th. This was even further personified in last night's presidential debate between Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican nominee Donald Trump.
Regardless of how serious and difficult this election is for many college-aged voters, we all have to take a minute to step back and laugh. Laugh away the pain. Here are 14 tweets that perfectly encompass our pain through a very sadistic humor.
2. And then drinking.
3. Michael Scott for President 2016
4. Stranger Things: The 2016 Presidential Election
5. Featuring Amy Poehler and Jimmy Fallon
6. Presidential Election or MTV's Teen Mom?
7. Everyone Looks Cute with the Dog Filter
8. Live Footage from the Debate
9. Dead on the Inside
10. A Live Look at Lester Holt
11. RT When You Get It
12. We Found the Real Source of America's Problems
13. Hillary Had, Has & Will Never Have No Chill
14. Now That's a Promise I Can Stand By
Whatever your views, most people can agree that the first presidential debate of 2016 was a hot mess, but I guess all we can really do is laugh about it to keep from crying. Who do you think won the debate? Tweet @FreshUOnline with your opinion with the hashtag #FreshUDebate.
Lead Image Credit: Twitter