Display 18361422 1526219524077873 93067289 n
by Melissa Cordell

This Sophomore Dressed Up as a Girl to Get into a Frat Party

By Melissa Cordell - May 07 2017

Chase Ghiglia, a sophomore product design major at Art Center College of Design, dressed up as a woman to get into a fraternity party. 

Ghiglia and his friend, Carrie, were trying to get into a fraternity party. Usually to get into a fraternity party, you have to know one of the brothers. Ghiglia and Carrie knew someone in the fraternity, but according to Ghiglia, "he wouldn't budge." Men typically have a harder time getting into parties than women do.

Ghiglia then said that the "impossible happened." 

"Carrie and I have always joked around about me dressing up as a girl and going to a frat party to see if anyone would know if I was a guy," he said. "With a lot of encouragement on her end, I decided to just cave and go full force with the idea."

And no one noticed. If they did, he said they didn't say anything to him. 

Ghiglia thinks the dark lighting at the party is to blame for no one noticing, but his blue wig and fake lashes gained him entrance and the "bamboozlement had been a success."

The tweet has over 5,000 retweets and 38,000 likes. People have mixed reactions from amazement to comical. 

"I give girls props for all that they do to get ready," Ghiglia said. "You guys definitely do not have it easy. Now I can say that I hate fake lashes and never want to see them again." 

Lead Image Credit: Chase Ghiglia via Twitter

Melissa Cordell - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Melissa Cordell is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, majoring in Political Science and Peace, War & Defense, with a Women's Studies minor. She loves working on campaigns, activism and writing. Follow her on Instagram @meldelissacor and Twitter @MM_Cordell!