by Melissa Cordell

This Girl's Tinder Match Donated $1,000 to Planned Parenthood

By Melissa Cordell - Jul 16 2017

Mariam Mohamed, a junior at the University of Florida, matched with a guy named Amish on Tinder. He made a bet that if he couldn't guess her ethnicity in three tries, he would donate $1,000 to a charity of her choice.

He couldn't guess it, so he had to pay up.

"I didn't think he was actually going to do it at first, but he seemed like he had the money, and when he followed through I was surprised and impressed," Mohamed told Fresh U via Twitter direct messages. "I mean, my counter offer for if he guessed it right was that I would write him an acrostic poem, so it wasn't exactly a fair trade."

Her friends were definitely impressed. 

Mohamed said that while this wasn't the most unique experience she has had on Tinder, "it was definitely memorable." She said that she still talks to him, too.

"I hope that this starts a new trend of men donating to charity to get women's attention," she said.

Lead Image Credit: @mariam0128 via Twitter

Melissa Cordell - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Melissa Cordell is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, majoring in Political Science and Peace, War & Defense, with a Women's Studies minor. She loves working on campaigns, activism and writing. Follow her on Instagram @meldelissacor and Twitter @MM_Cordell!