by Melissa Cordell

This College Student's Niece Is Trying to Understanding Epilepsy

By Melissa Cordell - Jun 18 2017

Jordyn Smith, a senior majoring in nursing at West Virginia University, received the cutest reaction from her niece when she saw her wearing EEG leads on her head. 

Smith wears the EEG leads for her epilepsy, which doctors are still testing. "It's a huge part of my life, because it is very debilitating," she told Fresh U.

The tweet has received over 95,000 retweets and 352,000 likes. People on Twitter were supportive of her and what she is going through. 

"It's led a lot of people to read my blog and message me, and they've been so inspired by it which has made my heart so happy," Smith said. "So many people wanted to raise awareness for epilepsy and share their story, but also visited my blog and said they were inspired and that meant more to me any funny tweet."

Lead Image Credit: Jorrdyyyy via Twitter

Melissa Cordell - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Melissa Cordell is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, majoring in Political Science and Peace, War & Defense, with a Women's Studies minor. She loves working on campaigns, activism and writing. Follow her on Instagram @meldelissacor and Twitter @MM_Cordell!