by Melissa Cordell

This High School Senior Pranked His Principals in Hilarious 'All Star' Video

By Melissa Cordell - Apr 02 2017

Coppell High School Senior, Ryan Storch, told his principals that his dad's friend was doing a psychology experiment, in which people read words off a screen, and psychologists would be able to tell by the "vocal tone and vocal pitch of how stressed out you were."

What Storch actually did, though, was have each person read a word from the lyrics of "All Star" by Smash Mouth. He edited the school's principals in the video to sound as though they were singing the song. 

The video got over 36,000 retweets and 91,000 favorites in 48 hours. Teachers on Twitter found it so funny they challenged their own students to get as creative. 

The video aired on the school's weekly news program, KCBY. Storch said, "I was just sitting in class one day, and this idea just hit me."

"The idea, the editing, the communication" was all done by Storch, "but people like Connor Farrell and Ryan Moscati helped with the green screen. Kolbe Klement was there to record some behind the scenes footage, and Kevin Madigan scrolled the Teleprompter."

Administrators in the video were good sports, even sharing the video on Facebook, calling Storch "talented."

Ryan Storch

On Storch's viral tweet, he says his girlfriend is his "best friend and biggest supporter." He goes on to say: "Things that require out of the box thinking have always appealed to me. I love being creative, and I love being different. To watch the internet respond so positively to what I've always strived to do has been so heartwarming and has been a reassurance that you can do anything you set your mind to."

Lead Image Credit: Twitter via Ryanstorch

Melissa Cordell - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Melissa Cordell is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, majoring in Political Science and Peace, War & Defense, with a Women's Studies minor. She loves working on campaigns, activism and writing. Follow her on Instagram @meldelissacor and Twitter @MM_Cordell!