After four months of studying, partying, making new friends and living independently for the first time, you're finally home for winter break! It feels great to be back, but some things are very different....
1. Your room at home feels gigantic compared to your closet-sized dorm room.
2. Every bite of non-dining hall food tastes like a gourmet meal now.
3. After 4 months of walking everywhere, you'll never take your car for granted again.
4. But after a few days away from college craziness, you realize how boring your life actually is.
5. You also realize that college feels just as much like home as the place where you grew up, and you miss it terribly.
6. And then a high school friend that you've barely talked to since graduation suddenly wants to hang out, and you're like...
7. Actually, you realize you've lost touch with most of the people you hung out with in high school...but you don't really care.
8. Despite that, you feel like you always have to look fierce just in case you run into someone from your past...
9. ...because you want them all to know how fabulous you are and how awesome your college life is.
10. Now, your favorite people to hang out with at home are the ones you miss the most at college: your family.
11. You realize now just how much they mean to you.
12. There are only two places you really want to be: with them or in your bed.
13. And even though you can't wait to go back to college and see your friends again...
...you're so glad to have these wonderful people to return to at the end of it all.
Isn't it nice to have two places to call home?
Lead image credit: Fanpop