Display 1014112 1335575734760 full
by Megan Choate

13 Ways Home Changes When You Return After First Semester

By Megan Choate - Jan 04 2016

After four months of studying, partying, making new friends and living independently for the first time, you're finally home for winter break! It feels great to be back, but some things are very different....

1. Your room at home feels gigantic compared to your closet-sized dorm room.

via GIPHY

2. Every bite of non-dining hall food tastes like a gourmet meal now.

via GIPHY

3. After 4 months of walking everywhere, you'll never take your car for granted again.

via GIPHY

4. But after a few days away from college craziness, you realize how boring your life actually is.

via GIPHY

5. You also realize that college feels just as much like home as the place where you grew up, and you miss it terribly.

via GIPHY

6. And then a high school friend that you've barely talked to since graduation suddenly wants to hang out, and you're like...

via GIPHY

7. Actually, you realize you've lost touch with most of the people you hung out with in high school...but you don't really care.

via GIPHY

8. Despite that, you feel like you always have to look fierce just in case you run into someone from your past...

via GIPHY

9. ...because you want them all to know how fabulous you are and how awesome your college life is.

via GIPHY

10. Now, your favorite people to hang out with at home are the ones you miss the most at college: your family.

via GIPHY

11. You realize now just how much they mean to you.

via GIPHY

12. There are only two places you really want to be: with them or in your bed.

via GIPHY

13. And even though you can't wait to go back to college and see your friends again...

via GIPHY

...you're so glad to have these wonderful people to return to at the end of it all.

via GIPHY

Isn't it nice to have two places to call home?

via GIPHY

Lead image credit: Fanpop

Megan Choate - Syracuse University

Originally from Boston, Megan is a freshman at Syracuse University studying Public Relations. When she's not writing, you can find her cheering on the Orange in the Carrier Dome, dancing wherever there's music, looking at cute pictures of dogs even though she's scared of them, or planning her next trip to Disney World.