Display fullsizerender 33
by Megan Cho

10 Overnight Beauty Hacks for the Busy College Student

By Megan Cho - Nov 20 2016

Getting ready in the mornings is a real struggle, especially if you have 8 AM lectures. Here are ten hacks that will not only save you time before class, but have you waking up fresh and ready to face the day.

1. Apply Dry Shampoo Before Bed

This is for those nights when you just can’t muster up the energy to walk to the communal bathroom to wash your hair. Try applying dry shampoo before bed so the product can work its magic while you sleep. Then say hello to clean, grease-free hair in the morning.

2. Overnight Curls

You can achieve effortless curls without even picking up a curling iron! Roll your hair in flexible rods like these Conair Spiral Rollers to wake up with beautifully curled hair. Or, you can curl your hair with socks?! Check out this Youtube video for details.

YouTube

3. Wake Up With Glowing Skin

Use an overnight face mask to illuminate your skin before you even start the day! Try this Honeydew and Chamomile face mask that will leave your skin feeling super soft and fragrant! If you don't want to apply a face mask overnight, simply getting into a nightly skin care routine can really make a difference for your skin.

4. Apply Scented Lotion

Do you sometimes forget to whip on that deodorant or spritz some perfume before leaving your room? Try applying scented lotion at night, so you can wake up with subtly fragrant skin. Plus, your skin will be moisturized and ready for the day.

Pixabay

5. Nourish Your Hair

Condition your hair with coconut oil by applying a small amount to the ends of your hair before bed. By the time you wake up, your hair will have absorbed the oil leaving it sleek and shiny for the day.

6. Grow Your Lashes

Use a clean mascara brush to apply some olive or castor oil to your lashes before sleeping every night. These nourishing oils will help your lashes grow noticeably thicker and healthier in about three weeks time.

Pixabay

7. Get Super Soft Lips

Lips can often dry out overnight leaving them cracked and dehydrated. Try applying Vaseline or a generous amount of a moisturizing lip balm before bed. Your lips will be ultra-soft in the mornings, giving you one less thing to worry about.

8. Get Rid of A Pimple with Toothpaste

Got a pimple that you don’t have time to deal with? Try applying toothpaste to the area at night. The cleansing and drying properties of toothpaste can help reduce inflammation while you’re sleeping! Make sure to avoid gel-based pastes or toothpaste with a lot of artificial color.

Pixabay

9. Invest in a Silk Pillowcase

Sleeping on silk is known to reduce split ends and keep your face free of those pesky sleeping lines. If you can’t find a silk pillow, a silk pillowcase works too! Not only is it good for your hair and face, but you’ll also feel like a queen when going to bed. Who doesn’t want that?

Pixabay

10. Sleep with a Humidifier

Sleeping with a humidifier not only hydrates your skin, but has been shown to decrease your chance of getting sick! Try this compact humidifier that runs off a water bottle and takes up minimal space.

Who knew you could get so much done while sleeping? Now you can get that beauty sleep AND look dashing for your 8 AM That’s what I call #winning.

Megan Cho - University of California, Los Angeles

Megan is a freshman at UCLA majoring in Global Studies. In High School, she was a member of the marching band and speech team. In addition to writing, she enjoys making pottery, photographing food, and writing modern calligraphy. Check out her minimalist-themed Instagram @meeegan_c