Display emojithumbnail
by Matt Gehring

The Notepaper Emoji Has A Secret Pep Talk You Need

By Matt Gehring - Jul 08 2017

If you’ve got an iPhone or an iPad, there’s an emoji on your keyboard that could brighten your day!

Apple’s design for the notepaper emoji – officially called the “memo” emoji – features a quote from the company’s famous “Think Different” campaign.

Credit: Apple

The quote, narrated by Steve Jobs himself in the commercial, is as follows:

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

Only about the first quarter of the full speech is present in the notepaper emoji. A sharpened version of the emoji is below.

Credit: Apple

It’s pretty inspiring that Apple would put the quote on an emoji signaling notes and studying, considering those are the times we need a pep talk the most.

Want to see that quote more, each and every day? These “here’s to the crazy one” posters are perfect for every student:

The Modern Poster

Credit: Amazon

Get it here.

The Chic Poster

Amazon

Get it here.

The Artsy Poster

Get it here

It's not just an emoji — it's a pep talk. Think differently.

Lead Image Credit: Apple

Matt Gehring - Syracuse University

Matt Gehring is a senior at Syracuse University studying television, radio, and film. He's into social media and a major pop culture junkie. Matt is Fresh U's Social Media Director and loves writing about what's trending. Follow him on Twitter: @mattryanx