In the past few days, people have taken to Twitter to share how they felt #GrowingUpWithStrictParents. Whether asking to go out is a full-on mission, or if every funny story turns into a lecture, Twitter is telling it like it is. Here's to hoping these 17 struggles end once college begins.
1. You have to choose your nights out wisely.
2. Your friends just don't understand.
3. Like, they seriously just don't get it.
4. And it's not even worth explaining the situation.
5. So you have to be strategic.
6. Practice won't make perfect, but it'll help.
7. Trying to find a little sympathy.
8. If your parents say "no," you always hear this.
9. If they somehow say "yes," it isn't over.
10. And the work is never done.
11. You stay home and this happens.
12. You can't even tell a funny story.
13. Lights out means phones out.
14. You're always covered up.
15. Sometimes, it's honestly the worst thing ever.
16. Eventually, your parents' opinions become your own.
17. But at the end of the day, you'll always know how to behave.
Lead Image Credit: Twitter / @TheElizaRose