by Mary Kate Webb

To My Best Friend In Our Final Days of High School

By Mary Kate Webb - May 08 2017

Dear you, (you know who you are)

The cliche saying is that "you can't just have one best friend," but I know that I have the best one out there. From Friday night sleepovers to being on sports teams together to going through Wendy's drive-thrus at midnight, my best friend has been there through it all. In our final days of high school, we'll begin to go our separate ways, but our bond will never break.

Although we are going our own ways, the distance will never tear us apart. You'll meet new friends and begin new relationships, but in the end, we'll be inseparable. We'll Facetime, visit each other over the weekends and pick up right where we left off over breaks when we all return home. 

Thank you for always being there to listen. Through boy problems to not being able to decide on a prom dress, you've always been there for me. You've always had my back, and I'll always have yours.

Thank you for playing sports with me. You were my left wing, literally. From the bus rides to away games belting out Taylor Swift throwbacks to lugging the water jug down long paths, the memories we have though sports are something I'll always cherish.

Janice Webb

Thank you for making me laugh like no other. From the runs to Walmart for Donettes at midnight to the endless trips past ex's houses singing breakup hits, I never thought someone could make me laugh like you do. 

Thank you for making our friendship known. Everyone knows it's us when they hear our infamous laughs or they see us at our decked-out locker that we've shared for three years now. For spirit weeks and first and last day of school pics, our locker has always been the background.

Jessica Schram

With eleven days left of our senior year of high school, I wanted to thank you for all that you've done for me and reflect on the memories we've made. I know that college is going to bring us new friends and relationships, but no one will ever compare to my fun-loving, crazy best friend.

Love, me.

Lead Image Credit: Missy Battista

Mary Kate Webb - Quinnipiac University

Quinnipiac '21