Display freaks and geeks full cast e1419260207103 1940x1623
by Marlowe Reardon

10 Ways 'Freaks and Geeks' Has Helped Me Become A Better College Student

By Marlowe Reardon - Nov 17 2015

Although Freaks and Geeks was only on-air for one season, there are many lessons to be learned about school and life in general.

1. Never doubt your abilities.

College is the place where you meet people with many different skills and attributes, but that doesn't mean your knowledge is invalid. Know your strengths and use them to your advantage.

2. There are other people out there who share your interests.

No matter what your hobbies and interests are, you can always find someone else who likes those things as well. Sometimes you find these people where you would least expect it.

3. Be passionate with whatever you do.

Whether you're an athlete, mathlete, or movie buff, have enthusiasm and eagerness to love what it is you do.

4. You don't need alcohol to have fun.

Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to go to parties or drink to have a blast. All you need are good friends, good food, and good music.

5. Never take your parents for granted.

While you're living on your own for the first time, it's easy to get caught up in college life. Take the time to call your family and tell them how much you appreciate them.

6. It's okay if you haven't found your group of friends yet.

Freshmen year is difficult enough in a new environment with a bunch of people you've never met and trying to balance everything that college has to offer. Finding a solid group of friends will take time and everyone is in the same boat.

7. Teachers and professors are very helpful and understanding.

Professors and TAs are filled with knowledge and experience, so getting to know them can be very beneficial.

8. Always make time for fun.

After a long day filled with lectures, papers, and exams, it's necessary to leave time to do something you enjoy.

9. Be yourself.

The best person you can be is yourself, so don't change just to please others.

10. Follow your dreams, no matter how large.

Don't let others bring you down or crush your dreams. Set goals for yourself and aim high!

Lead Image Source: NBC

Photo Sources: Tumblr and Giphy

Marlowe Reardon - Syracuse University