Display two young girls enjoying their roadtrip picnic picjumbo com
by Madeleine Williamson

Tinder Social Lets Mutual Friends Hang Out As A Group

By Madeleine Williamson - Jul 24 2016

If you want a way to find new friends as easily as you can find Tinder dates, look no further than… Tinder.

Yesterday, TechCrunch announced that the app launched a new feature called Tinder Social. Tinder users can create groups of Facebook friends who also opted in. Members of a group can then swipe through other groups in the same area. After two groups match, they can chat and make plans for a night out, just like individual users can match.

But don’t panic just yet about all your Facebook friends seeing your Tinder profile. Tinder Social was first tested in Australia. There, some users objected to their profiles being viewable by their Facebook friends. As a result, the company has made Tinder Social an opt-in feature. Users can choose to continue using the app just for dating, or select the option of using Tinder Social, too.

“Everyone’s Tinder profile is essentially ‘out there,’” CEO Sean Rad said in an interview with TechCrunch. “We make that clear when you sign up.”

For those of you who are interested in trying out new things once you get to college, this might be a cool thing to try! Just make sure to stay safe and go with at least a few people that you know!

Lead Image Credit: picjumbo

Madeleine Williamson - DePaul University

Madeleine Williamson is a freshman at DePaul University majoring in journalism and minoring in political science and Spanish. She loves tea, stationery and exploring her new hometown of Chicago.