by Madeleine Williamson

High School Seniors Dress as the Scooby Doo Gang for ID Pictures

By Madeleine Williamson - Sep 04 2016

Picture day can be a drag senior year. With separate senior portrait sessions, picture day photos usually only go on student IDs. But one group of Oregon seniors found a way to get creative with their pictures.

Marist Catholic High School students Ellie Cross, Andrew Meyers, Abbie Anderson and Brayden Riley dressed as the Scooby Doo characters on picture day, the Oregonian reported Friday. After Cross tweeted pictures of their IDs, the group went viral. The tweet has over 2,000 retweets and almost 7,000 likes.

Cross said a friend who noticed the four’s resemblance to the characters gave them the idea. Marist seniors often take humorous ID photos, since the pictures don’t end up in the yearbook. 

"We only use [our IDs] for student discounts and prom and getting into football games," she said.

So Cross dressed up as Velma. Meyers was Shaggy, Anderson was Daphne and Riley was Fred. Riley got into character, too. 

“Brayden knew all of the catchphrases,” Cross said.

The group’s IDs aren’t the only senior pictures to go viral. Another Oregon senior, Kyra Dela Chica, dressed as the matchmaker from “Mulan” for her picture. And Jillian Henry of Eugene, Ore. had her pictures photobombed by a naked man

What is going on in Oregon?

Lead image credit: Cartoon Network

Madeleine Williamson - DePaul University

Madeleine Williamson is a freshman at DePaul University majoring in journalism and minoring in political science and Spanish. She loves tea, stationery and exploring her new hometown of Chicago.