Display 3128676037 156421ab2a o
by Madeleine Williamson

Does Your School Have the Best On-Campus Food?

By Madeleine Williamson - Sep 04 2016

Foodies, take notice. Dining hall food gets a bad rep, but not at these schools. The Princeton Review released its annual ranking of the 20 colleges with the best campus food.

Atop the list is the University of Massachusetts-Amherst. Massachusetts-Amherst has a long history on the Best Campus Food list. It entered ranked number ten in 2012, was number three in 2012 and reached second place in 2015. The school’s dining services appeared on The Today Show to celebrate the accolade.

Also in the top five were Bowdoin, Cornell, Virginia Tech and St. Olaf College. Bowdoin boasts an on-campus organic garden and bake shop. Cornell, meanwhile, allows students to order food online. Virginia Tech's dining services help the environment and students' wallets. They let students take food home in reusable containers. St. Olaf serves fruit from a local orchard.

The Princeton Review also ranked other factors of student life, like school spirit and student happiness.

Lead Image Credit: Step via Flickr Creative Commons

Madeleine Williamson - DePaul University

Madeleine Williamson is a freshman at DePaul University majoring in journalism and minoring in political science and Spanish. She loves tea, stationery and exploring her new hometown of Chicago.