Display chipotle
by Madeleine Williamson

Chipotle Is Going to Start Selling Burgers

By Madeleine Williamson - Aug 01 2016

If you can’t resist Chipotle’s fast-Mexican food, you’ll be happy to learn that there’s more where that came from.

The company will open Tasty Made’s first location in Lancaster, Ohio this fall, Teen Vogue reported yesterday. The restaurant will serve typical burger joint fare: burgers, fries and shakes. Chipotle applied to trademark a burger restaurant concept called “Better Burger” in March.

“The Chipotle model could be applied to a wide variety of foods,” Chipotle spokesman Chris Arnold told Fortune earlier this year. He noted the success of previous Chipotle spinoffs. The company has already opened a pizza restaurant, Pizzeria Locale, in Colorado. They also operate a noodle restaurant, ShopHouse Southeast Asian Kitchen, in four states.

The new restaurant may be a bid to win back customers. Last fall’s E. Coli and norovirus outbreaks at the restaurant hurt business. They’ve been running promotions to draw diners back in since. Will you be eating Chipotle’s burgers if Tasty Made comes to your town?

Lead Image Credit: Mike Mozart via Flickr Creative Commons

Madeleine Williamson - DePaul University

Madeleine Williamson is a freshman at DePaul University majoring in journalism and minoring in political science and Spanish. She loves tea, stationery and exploring her new hometown of Chicago.