Display 16604095887 f7e8c8fbd1 o
by Madeleine Williamson

Brunch Might Be Coming to Starbucks

By Madeleine Williamson - Sep 10 2016

Starbucks is many caffeine-addicted students' go to for morning coffee and maybe a bite to eat. But they’re about to expand beyond portable breakfast staples, Business Insider reported Wednesday. The coffee giant is testing out brunch.

Starbucks Melody, a site unaffiliated with Starbucks, broke the news. The restaurant is adding weekend brunch to the menu at 78 locations in Portland and Seattle. A customer tweeted a picture of his brunch on Labor Day. Now some suspect that brunch is also available on holidays. Regardless, it’s available for a limited time while Starbucks experiments to see what sells.

“The test began on August 27, 2016, and doesn’t have a definite end date. I can say from my experience, I’d expect this to last about 6 to 8 weeks. Weekend brunch foods are offered from about 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM, or until that day’s food supplies run out,” a spokesperson said to Starbucks Melody.

On the menu? A variety of options are available. Bacon, french toast, and the delicious-looking waffles @craicdesign tweeted top the list. We speak for everyone when we say that we hope this becomes a thing everywhere.

Lead image credit: Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine on Flickr Creative Commons.

Madeleine Williamson - DePaul University

Madeleine Williamson is a freshman at DePaul University majoring in journalism and minoring in political science and Spanish. She loves tea, stationery and exploring her new hometown of Chicago.