Summer is approaching, but so is graduation for many seniors. That means weekends packed with parties for all of your friends, celebrating your hard work and accomplishments. 

Whether or not college is in your future, graduating from high school is a huge step in the path for your future; the first within your independence as an adult.

So, to prepare you for the upcoming celebration season, here's the perfect Graduation Playlist for your upcoming party, guaranteed to make you cry, laugh, sing along, dance and reminisce. Because graduation isn't just about the future, but everything you're leaving behind. 

1. "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day. 

Despite being by the famous rock band, this song is the ultimate classic for a graduation party. Plus it's cool. Trust us, this tune will be stuck in everyone's heads for days.

2. "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield

It's the soundtrack to our childhood. Everyone wanted to "feel the rain on your skin" in middle school while writing emo notes in our journals. 

Well, now, graduating high school and starting a new chapter in your life, "Today is when your book begins. The rest is still unwritten."

3. "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus

We watched the movie. We sang along to the song. Miley Cyrus' music and career have been through a whirlwind, but this song will always be a classic. 

There's always a mountain to be moved. There's always another goal or hardship. You'll realize that now more than ever, but "It's not about how fast I get there / ain't about what's waiting on the other side / It's the climb."

4. "High School Musical" by the High School Musical Cast

Though most of us didn't go to East High, we didn't sing in the hallways and get to kiss Zac Efron, "High School Musical" is the perfect anthem for this point in your life. 

Just because you're leaving high school physically doesn't mean you have to let go of its memories and the people that have touched your life. Those things will always stay close to your heart.

5. "Big Bad World" by Plain White T's

Here's a bop to balance out all the sob-worthy childhood ballads, another 2000s classic band with a band about pursuing our dreams, being excited about the future and changing the world. 

6. "Graduation (Friends Forever)" by Vitamin C

This throwback song voices the worries and memories of high school and, in that, moving on from our childhood. So remember the good times, but also know that everyone's been in your position before. It's part of growing up. People will move on, but the true friends in your life will stay close. 

7. "A Place in This World" by Taylor Swift

Not everyone knows what they want out of life. Graduating from high school is when most people realize this. But, with the old-school Taylor Swift tune, surrounded by friends and family, having one of the best nights of your life, it's all okay. Everyone blossoms within their own time.

8. "Ready Set, Don't Go" by Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus

It's another Hannah Montana The Movie bop. Sue us.

Bill Ray Cyrus, despite his new budding revival with "Old Town Road," this country legend and cool-dad knows what it's like to see a child grown up and move on. 

9. "Wake Me Up" by Avicii

Not everything lasts forever. We learned that when we lost Avicii died this time last year. 

And yet, "Wake Me Up" is not only the perfect summer song for your party but a hopeful look into our future wiser selves; people who have their lives together and know everything. Don't worry. You'll get there.

10. "Goodbye" by Bleachers

With this indie-pop hit by former Fun. guitarist and drummer Josh Antonoff, under the stage name Bleachers, literally say "goodbye" to not only the ones you love but the little ordinary things of your life.

With the end of college and the impending shift of adulthood and possible higher education, the entire image of the world around you changes.

These graduation parties are some of the last fun moments you'll have with the friends and family of your former life. Sure, some will stay. But over the years, everyone evolves. Use this playlist to become the best version of yourself and remember your childhood with laughs and wistful memories. Your future awaits.