Writing is known to be a good way of letting out emotion, checking in on yourself, and taking notes on your life. 

Journaling has become increasingly popular throughout the years, and not just due to the Vampire Diaries. Through bullet journals, dream diaries, and reading list review summaries, writing is rising to peak popularity. Here are some prompts to get your intellectual juices flowing and make you think about your life in new ways. 

1. What do you want to do with your life? 

What's something you could see yourself doing for the rest of your life? It doesn't have to be a definitive plan, but try writing about what you're thinking about. This is the age where everything about your life is supposed to come into focus.
Take an afternoon to think and write about what you want to do with your life. 

2. What do you want to get out of your college experience?

College has many different aspects to it: parties, schoolwork, friends, leaving home. It can be difficult to juggle all the different layers. So, write out what you want from it; how you see everything turning out. Then, make a plan to get yourself there. Stick to it and you'll be invincible. 

3. What's the first memory of your childhood?

Write about the first memory you have of when you were younger. How does it relate to your life now?

Not everyone thinks of the impact on their childhood on the way that they think. Take your journal and hash it out with yourself. Start with your first memory. Then work forward. Take as much time as you need. Circle back to big issues as time goes on. Only the past can bring you forward.

4. What parts of yourself do you see in your parents?

People grow from their experiences. That includes their neighborhood, friends, but also who raises us. A lot of your parents, whether we like it or not, rub off on you. 

This exercise is a great way to learn more about yourself and analyze who you want to be. Learn from those around you and sharpen your story, telling skills at the same time. 

5. Create a profile of each of your friends. 

The best way to analyze how you see yourself is to look at the people closest to you. Create a scene or summarize each of your friends and your relationships. Keep it as a memory and hold it.

6. What do you love?

No, this prompt isn't necessarily romantic. Figure out what's important to you. Write about what makes you happy and how to keep it in your life. Cookies. Theatre. A best friend. Prioritize aspects of your life and do what makes you happy.

Writing what you feel is a great way to release your stress. It stays between you and the pages. So, dive into your mind and sprinkle words on pages with these prompts.