The first children of the United States are clearly under the public’s watchful eye when it comes to making a college decision. Although we are unsure about high-school senior Malia Obama’s college preference, we can take a look at where other female first children have chosen in the past.

1. Tricia Nixon Cox

Boston College Class of 1968

Tricia earned a degree in English and was the oldest daughter of President Richard Nixon.

1.

2. Caroline Kennedy

Radcliffe College at Harvard University Class of 1980

Caroline went to Radcliffe and then went on to earn a law degree from Columbia Law School in 1988.

2.

3. Luci Baines Johnson

St. Edwards University Class of 1997

Luci chose Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health studies, but dropped out in 1966 because the school prohibited married students and she had just married her husband that year. Eventually she received a BLS in Communication from St. Edwards University.

3.

4. Chelsea Clinton

Stanford University Class of 2001

Chelsea has very high educational credentials. After graduating with a history degree and highest honors from Stanford, she went on to earn a master of philosophy from the University of Oxford. Then, she went to Columbia’s Mailman School of Public Health and earned a graduate degree, and finally earned a doctorate from Oxford in 2014.

4.

5. Barbara Pierce Bush

Yale University Class of 2004

Barbara earned a degree in humanities after attending Yale University. She is now the CEO and cofounder of a non-profit Global Health Corps.

5.

6. Jenna Bush Hager

University of Texas at Austin Class of 2004

Jenna graduated with an English degree and is now an editor-at-large for Southern Living Magazine.

6.

7. Malia Obama

We are unsure about where one of the current first children will decide to go to college, however many are speculating about this decision. She has toured Brown, Columbia, Harvard, Princeton, the University of Pennsylvania, and Yale, covering six out of the eight Ivy League Schools. Additionally, she visited Barnard, the University of California at Berkeley, New York University, Stanford, Tufts, and Wesleyan. 

7.

Lead Image Credit: New York Times