Display fresh u
by Leticia Isabel Reyes Gonzalez

Getting Ready for Winter Break

By Leticia Isabel Reyes Gonzalez - Nov 28 2015

We all know that winter break is a very exciting time of the year. It is the end of the semester and we all get to finally go home. However, it is important not to let the excitement of the holidays get in the way of the last responsibilities of the year. Here is some advice for these last days of school.

1. It is never too early to start studying.

The days before going back home can bring a lot of emotions. For this reason, it is better to start preparing for your finals ahead of time, when it is easier to concentrate. By doing this, when finals week is here, you will only have to review the material that your previously studied and still get excellent grades on your exams.

2. Prepare everything you need beforehand.

Having travelling arrangements for the day after a final exam can cause a lot of stress. In order to avoid this stress, make sure to have all your bags packed and everything you need to get back home ready before final exams. This will allow you to concentrate on reviewing for your tests instead of having to pack everything one day before your flight.

3. Live in the moment.

Even though it is really easy to start thinking about all the great food you are going to eat, how beautiful your home will look with all of its Christmas decorations, and how you are going to celebrate the holidays with your friends and family, it is very important for you to remember that even though all of those things will be happening really soon, right now you have to concentrate on other things, exams. You have to accept that  you have to give your best through finals week and when it is all over, you will have time to enjoy all of the good things that Christmas brings.

4. Give the best you can.

You have been working very hard during the semester so keep it up just one more week. Giving the best of yourself during finals is the best thing you can do to keep up with everything you have worked for this semester.

Lead Image: Disney ABC Television Group

Leticia Isabel Reyes Gonzalez - Northeastern University

Leticia Isabel Reyes Gonzalez is a motivated freshman at Northeastern University. She is majoring in Industrial Engineering. While in high school, she went to Stanford Summer Program in 2013 and was the president of the College Fair Committee of her high school. Follow her on Instagram as @letyisabelr!