Winter break. We've all looked forward to these coveted weeks since we got back from Thanksgiving Break and now they are finally upon us. But what all of us know and continually attempt to deny is that winter break has its ups and downs. No matter where you live, there are always certain things that are destined to happen over break.
1. Coming home to your own room.
One of the best parts of break is getting to sleep in your own comfy, regular sized bed.
2. Sleeping...and then sleeping some more.
Now that finals are over, you can catch up on the days of missed sleep.
3. Seeing your friends for the first time in a while.
And of course reuniting with the people who've been with you through it all.
4. That first dinner back at home.
No dining hall food, no problem.
5. Running into people from your high school.
And trying to act like you didn't see them
6. Those days of sitting at home in boredom.
But you do get to shamelessly binge-watch whatever you want.
7. Going to all the appointments that you scheduled.
And updating your doctor/dentist/hair person/etc. on how college is going.
8. Checking your grades.
Or waiting for them to be posted...because that one professor just doesn't care that you're a wreck.
9. Missing your college friends.
Because even though break is amazing, you've met some great human beings who you want back in your life.
10. Celebrating the holidays.
Because you wouldn't have it any other way.
We can all agree that winter break has it's phases, but remember to make the most of this free time and enjoy the couple of weeks you have without any readings or quizzes to worry about. Spring semester is just around the corner.
Lead Image Credit: Pexels