Display gilmore girls
by Lauren Reamy

8 Celebrities Who Are Also in Their Freshman Year of College

By Lauren Reamy - Jul 08 2016
With all of the glitz and glamor that comes with thoughts of Hollywood, it can sometimes be hard to believe that there are celebrities going through the same struggles as us. Orientation, move-in and finals stresses are just a few of the things that collegiate celebs such as Miranda Cosgrove and Patrick Schwarzenegger have had to go through. But what about the class of 2020? Believe it or not, there are quite a few famous faces who have decided to get their degrees, and some of the schools they’re going to might sound familiar to you. Just imagine going to the same school as your favorite TV star. It sounds like something that could never happen, but alas, it’s a very real possibility to share a mascot with one of these people. So without further ado, here are eight celebrities who either just completed their freshman year or who will be joining us in the fall as our university's newest additions.

1. Ariel Winter - UCLA

imdb.com

The Modern Family star will be heading to UCLA this fall and is super excited about it. As soon as she received her acceptance email, she posted a picture on Instagram with the caption: “It’s an AMAZING DAY! I’m going to UCLA- thank you to everyone who has been there for me on this journey!” In an interview with People Magazine, Ariel said that she wanted to become a social justice lawyer, while still continuing acting. 

2. Madison Pettis - NYU 

imdb.com

Many of you may know her from Disney Channel’s The Game Plan or one of the various guest roles she had on different TV shows, but now fully grown, Pettis is off to NYU. While she hasn’t publicly shared her preference of major, Madison was accepted to NYU’S Tisch School of The Arts, which can only mean she intends to further her education in those areas. 

3. Amandla Stenberg - NYU

imdb.com

Most of us first saw Stenberg as Rue in The Hunger Games, but since then, she’s grown up quite a bit. Attending NYU’s Film School, she will be studying directing and cinematography to become a film director. 

4. Ryan Newman - UCLA

imdb.com

The actress who has been in various Nickelodeon shows such as Zeke And Luther and The Thundermans is headed to UCLA to study psychology in the College of Arts and Letters. 

5. Brooke Hyland - Ohio University

imdb.com

That’s right, the acro star we first saw on Lifetime’s Dance Mom’s is college bound. She has not yet announced her school, but it is highly rumored that she will be attending Ohio University.

6. Brooklyn Beckham - Unknown

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGpNSC3RbFp/?taken-by=brooklynbeckham&hl=en

After graduating and passing all of A-level exams, Beckham expressed an interest in studying art and photography in the US. It has not been publicly announced where he currently attends.

7. Cloe Breena - UCLA

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBp4UfCBhib/?taken-by=cloecouture&hl=en

You may know her as the popular Youtuber, Cloecouture, but if you don't, Cloe just completed her first year at UCLA.

8. Malala Yousafzai - Stanford? 

imdb.com

One of the the voices of our generation, Malala has decided to go to college and last reported that she was deciding between Oxford University and Stanford University. Back in the fall, she was leaning towards Stanford because of the beautiful Californian weather, which we can’t blame her for.

Sometimes it's hard to feel connected to celebrities. With all of their photo shoots and autographs, it seems like their life is a million miles away from our day to day. However, knowing that some of them are facing the same challenges as us can be eye-opening. So when you move in to your dorm room this fall, don't forget that those in the spotlight can relate and are not as different from you as you originally thought.

Lead Image Credit: Warner Bros. Television

Lauren Reamy - George Mason University

Lauren Reamy is a sophomore at George Mason University, majoring in Vocal Performance. Besides singing, she loves musical theatre, hanging out with her pets, and reading way too many books.