Display oatyhejmm9e jens johnsson
by Lauren Reamy

6 Spring Break Destinations To Start Planning For Now

By Lauren Reamy - Jan 31 2017

As a college student, spring break can be an exciting event. It's an entire week free of classes, where you can travel and do whatever you want. Spring break is infamous for parties, adventures and some of the craziest memories of college. I've found six of the best destinations that you should start planning for, so that your spring break will be amazing.

1. Daytona Beach, FL

Dbspringbreak.com

One of the original spring break spots, Daytona Beach has remained among the most popular places for college students to vacation, for a long time. Since it's a favorite, Daytona Beach is guaranteed to give you the essential college spring break experience with a large variety of concerts, events and nightlife. If you're looking for hotels, the Hawaiian Inn and the Ocean Breeze Club Hotel are some of the most recommended. You can also go to the Daytona Beach Spring Break website for more detailed information about the area and everything that's going on.

2. Cancun, Mexico

Inceptionfest.com

If you're looking for a more adventurous spring break, Cancun might be a place to consider. With beaches, jungles, pyramids and an active nightlife, there is certainly something to fit everyone's tastes. The Oasis Cancun is one of the more popular hotels with bars, entertainment and large pools on site, but the Solymar Beach Resort is also a worthwhile option if you are traveling on a budget. 

3. South Padre Island, Texas

Destination360.com

As described on their website, South Padre becomes Spring Break Island once a year, and is one of the most hype destinations for college students. If you're looking for non-stop action and activities, this is the place to be. South Padre is also one of the stops for the Beach Bash, one of the biggest music festivals of spring break. The Schlitterbahn resort has a huge outdoor waterpark attached to it, but the Isla Grand is also a hot spot for lodging.

4. Nassau, Bahamas

Thebeautyoftravel.com

If you're looking to enjoy the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean, Nassau is your place. As the capital of the Bahamian Islands, Nassau is frequently chosen as a destination for spring breakers. Obviously Atlantis is a must visit if you're in the Bahamas, but you can make a day trip out of it and stay at a more budget friendly hotel, such as the Breezes Resort and Spa.

5. Lake Havasu, AZ

Blogs.superstreetbikes.com

Lake Havasu is one of the west coast's most popular spring break spots, and with good reason. Known as "Arizona's Playground", Lake Havasu becomes a hype destination for those looking to spend days on the lake and nights out. You'll want to stay at either the London Bridge Resort or rent a lake house.

6. Panama City, FL

Campuslately.com

Another classic, Panama City will give you the experience you think of when you picture college spring break. With a variety of different concerts, parties and events, you will never be bored. Also, big name celebrities and performers have been known to show up. The Seahaven Beach Resort is a good place to stay, as is The Chateau Motel but there are plenty of other options for hotels as Panama City is a very popular destination.

There you go — six spring break destinations to look into that might give you some of your wildest memories of the year. I hope this article helped in your research and that you all find the right place to go for spring break.

Lead Image Credit: Jens Johnsson via Unsplash

Lauren Reamy - George Mason University

Lauren Reamy is a sophomore at George Mason University, majoring in Vocal Performance. Besides singing, she loves musical theatre, hanging out with her pets, and reading way too many books.