by Lauren Reamy

6 Inspirational Youtube Videos to Watch Right Now

By Lauren Reamy - May 16 2017

As a college student, there are times when it can be tough to find the motivation to keep going through our daily routine. It seems like the things we want are so far away and there's still so much to be done. So here are some videos for when you're going through a rough day, or just need a push to remind you to get back on your feet.

1. A Letter to Remind Myself Who I Am — Shane Koyczan

The poems of Shane Koyczan have always stood as something to lean on in my life, and so I'd like to share with you one of his great works called A Letter to Remind Myself Who I Am. Read in front of an audience with a live violinist, this poem is perfect for when you're feeling down and need to be picked back up.

2. Ode to Excellence — Your World Within

Feeling like you just can't accomplish that one thing you've been working on? Check out Ode to Excellence, which will remind you that you were not put on this Earth to be average. Every day is a new opportunity to work towards your dreams and each setback only pushes you farther forward.

3. How To Get Motivated to Be Healthy — Cambria Joy

This video is what originally inspired me to start living a healthy lifestyle. Using quotes from one of her favorite books, Cambria Joy reminds you why it's so important to be healthy and how you are in charge of what your lifestyle looks like.

4. The Most Empowering Mindset — Annie Tarasova

If you need a shift in mindset, try watching The Most Empowering Mindset by Annie Tarasova. Not only does she offer a new way of thinking that's led to her own positivity, but she also shows you how to put it into practice in your own life.

5. We Need To Be Lost To Find Ourselves — Shots of Awe

Always wondering why it takes so long to get to your dreams? Watch We Need To Be Lost To Find Ourselves, for a little piece of mind. This inspirational video sets to prove that it's really in the pursuit that we find our answers and are most rewarded.

6. Happiness Starts With a Smile — Arthut Arthur

This video is the perfect pick me up if you're feeling blue. It proves that the small things in life really are important, and that happiness is infectious wherever you are.

I hope that these videos helped you, no matter what you're going through. Sometimes, we just need a little motivation to get back on track!

Lauren Reamy - George Mason University

Lauren Reamy is a sophomore at George Mason University, majoring in Vocal Performance. Besides singing, she loves musical theatre, hanging out with her pets, and reading way too many books.