by Lauren Reamy

5 Hot Chocolate Recipes You Should Make In Your Dorm

By Lauren Reamy - Jan 08 2017

We all love hot chocolate. It's the warm, velvety drink that we can always rely on to keep us toasty on a cold winter day. So this winter, I decided to find some recipes to help you up your hot chocolate game.

1. White Hot Chocolate

CelebratingSweets.com

For a twist on the classic, try making White Hot Chocolate. It takes 15 minutes to brew up it up and requires only milk, white chocolate chips and vanilla. 

2. French Hot Chocolate

WellPlated.com

If you're into dark chocolate, try this recipe which takes only eight minutes to make. Though it requires an ensemble of ingredients, it's sure to turn out like the stuff served in Parisian cafes.

3. Toasted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate

Oh Nuts Blog

If you're one of those people who likes to dump the entire bag of marshmallows into your hot chocolate, this is the recipe for you, where marshmallows are both melted into the actual drink, and placed on top.

4. Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sick and tired of having to choose between hot cocoa and coffee in the morning? Then why not just combine them! Hot chocolate coffee is sure to make your mornings sweeter.

5. Unicorn Hot Chocolate

More.com

Up for trying social media's latest obsession? Then grab a pack of pink hot chocolate mix (yes, it does exist), and top it with some whipped cream for this Instagram-worthy drink.

Spice up your winter with one of these recipes that put a classic twist on hot chocolate. 

Lauren Reamy - George Mason University

Lauren Reamy is a sophomore at George Mason University, majoring in Vocal Performance. Besides singing, she loves musical theatre, hanging out with her pets, and reading way too many books.