Display fanpop.com
by Kyra Meister

12 of the Best Snacks to Keep in Your Backpack

By Kyra Meister - Mar 11 2016

Let's face it, we've all gotten a serious case of the munchies at least once during the afternoon rush of classes, studying, and planning for the day. Ever get tired of the boring granola bar or typical bag of chips you reluctantly buy while out and about? Fear not, as I've got the snack solutions for you. Here's a guide to some different, tasty, and healthy snacks you should be throwing in your bag before you head out the door in the morning. Trust me, you (and your grumbling stomach) won't regret i

1. Chocolate covered pomegranate seeds

Never underestimate the power of something covered in chocolate. Their juicy flavor mixed with a little chocolate is the perfect boost you need in between classes. I recommend buying some covered in dark chocolate - not only is dark chocolate healthier, it tastes good too!

amazon.com

2. String cheese

The classic snack you'd never forget to ask mom to put in your lunch box is back and better than ever. String cheese is a great way to get some dairy in for the day. Add a little fun to your afternoon as you pull it apart string by string, just like you did in the good old elementary school days.

gianteagle.com

3. Freeze dried apple crisps

A healthy alternative to the typical bag of chips, dried apple crisps melt in your mouth and leave you feeling so much better than that greasy bag of chips would. Be on the lookout for freeze dried bananas and strawberries too; they are all delicious and a great way to change the way you snack.

amazon.com

4. Pistachios

Pistachios are an easy thing to throw right in your bag before you head out in the morning. They fill you up with a little extra energy you'll need to get through that test. Whether you like them salted or with a little bit of cracked pepper, this snack is a great one to have on hand.

samsclub.com

5. Veggie straws

Another healthy option, veggie straws are fun to share with friends as you all try to decide which flavor is your favorite. I'm a tomato girl myself, but if I'm being honest, they are all delicious.

amazon.com

6. Peanut butter crackers

I use to always grab a pack of peanut butter crackers on my way out before heading to swim team, and I still like to have them on hand here at school because of that little boost of energy they provide for me throughout the day. This is such an easy one grab and go, and I highly recommend stocking up on some the next time you're out.

walmart.com

7. Gogo Squeez Applesauce

A fun snack, Gogo Squeez is probably the easiest snack you can take on the go anywhere, anytime. What's cooler than a little applesauce that doesn't even require a spoon? Make sure to check out all the flavors and varieties, as I hear cinnamon is a must-have.

walmart.com

8. A bag of your favorite cereal

There is nothing quite like some cereal to nosh on throughout the day. There are so many options to choose from, and you can pick a different type each time to keep things exciting. My personal favorite is a helping of Cheerios, but I'd be lying if I said you couldn't ever catch me with some Lucky Charms every now and then.

huffingtonpost.com

9. Trail mix

Trail mix is great because it's got a little bit of everything, from nuts and raisins to some chocolate that is always needed when you're having one of those days. The nuts will keep your energy up, no doubt. I recommend looking for some trail mix that has some dried cranberries or sunflower seeds too. By switching things up, you'll never get tired of the same old snack.

amazon.com

10. Rice cakes and peanut butter

Rice cakes are a great, light snack that are easy to travel with. Add some peanut butter and you're all set. There are a myriad of flavors when it comes to rice cakes, so make sure to look at all the packages before making your selection. My favorites range from apple cinnamon and buttered popcorn to good, old plain, a true classic.

amazon.com

11. Fruit snacks

Fruit snacks, in all their colorful, juicy glory are great because of their fun shapes and fruity flavor. Pick out your favorite type and you'll be sure to smile every time you open a package.

amazon.com

12. Pretzel goldfish

My personal favorite snack, pretzel goldfish are awesome as they combine the classic goldfish everyone knows and loves with pretzels, a snack that can't go unnoticed. Throw some of these in a baggie before you leave for class and you're sure to be set for whatever the day throws at you.

target.com

Lead image credit: Warner Bros

Kyra Meister - Syracuse University