by Kellie Veltri

10 of Your Favorite Movies Coming to Netflix in January

By Kellie Veltri - Dec 26 2016

There is a lot of content coming to Netflix this January. Some movies are available on the service for the first time and some are returning. Here are ten of the best movies that you'll be able to watch next month.

1. "E.T the Extra Terrestrial" (1982)

Relive one of the most magical movies of your childhood with the emotional story of a young boy and his alien friend. Maybe this movie will inspire you to "phone home" as well.

Universal Sudios

2. "The Parent Trap" (1961)

This movie is the predecessor to the Lindsay Lohan classic that we all know and love. Annie and Hallie's hilarious pranks and their sweet journey to get their parents back together will provide a nice distraction from the struggles of college.

Walt Disney Pictures

3. "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" (2011)

Now all former (and current) Beliebers can relieve their middle school Bieber Fever days with the Never Say Never movie.  

Paramount Pictures

4. "The Shining" (1980)

Scared about an upcoming test? Watch The Shining and you'll be able to forget about your school fears while being scared by possessions and creepy twins.

Warner Bros.

5. "V for Vendetta" (2005)

If you live on or near a college campus, chances are you saw some Guy Fawkes masks this election season. This movie tells the story of a not-too-distant dystopian London which is ruled by a fascist government. When a vigilante named V takes in a young woman named Evey, he finds an ally in the fight against their oppressors.

Warner Bros.

6. "Hugo" (2011)

Like the book it is based on, "The Invention of Hugo Cabret," by Brian Selznick, this film is visually stunning. Escape reality for a couple of hours with the story of young Hugo Cabret, who lives inside the walls of a train station and operates the clocks, as he struggles to make his automaton work and discovers the magic of the films of Georges Méliès.

Paramount Pictures

7. "Caddyshack" (1980)

In a situation that many of us can relate to, Danny Noonan gets a summer job as a caddy to pay for his college education. This comedy pokes fun of golf course politics and stars Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield and other huge names. Oh, and there's also a dancing gopher that causes a lot of problems.

Warner Bros.

8. "Around the World in 80 Days" (2004)

In another awesome movie from your childhood based off of a Jules Verne novel, Jackie Chan's Passepartout hilariously fights his way out of sticky situations around the world while helping Phileas Fogg beat the record for fastest trip around the world.

Walt Disney Pictures

9. "Bee Movie" (2007)

This movie may have been weird and bad in so many ways (A woman falls in love with a bee? Really?), but we're still talking about it, so it must be worth watching. Maybe every time they say "bee" it will get worse?

DreamWorks

10. "A Series of Unfortunate Events: Season 1" Premieres on January 13th

For many of us, this was one of the best series of our childhood, and it got us excited to read. We can't wait to see how Neil Patrick Harris brings Count Olaf and his many disguises to life in this thrilling and comedic adventure.

Netflix

If you find yourself bored this January, check out these ten movies and you won't be disappointed. To see what else is coming to Netflix in January, check out this list.

Lead Image Credit: Warner Brothers

Kellie Veltri - University of Tennessee Knoxville

Kellie Veltri is a freshman at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and is double majoring in Psychology and English. Her favorite things include literature, music, politics, and sharing facts from "this really fascinating article I read." Follow her on social media at @kellieveltri!