Display food
by Kellie Diodato

5 Places to Eat Around Marymount Manhattan College

By Kellie Diodato - Feb 12 2018

Every student at Marymount Manhattan College (MMC) knows how good the food is in the fourth floor cafe. We have a lovely, dedicated staff, a vast, fresh variety of foods for those of us who have dietary restrictions and even some selections of comfort food that remind us a little bit of home. However, we all like mixing up those dinner plans from time to time and that’s okay! So without further ado, here are five places in the Marymount Manhattan area that any Griffin should be sure to give a try!

1. Trend Diner

Located just down the block from Marymount Manhattan College on East 71st Street and 2nd Avenue, Trend Diner may look small on the outside, but caters to a huge variety of classic American diner-type food. And it doesn’t end there either! If MMC students present their school ID, they can get a discount on their meal!

2. Gotham Cafe

Gotham Cafe is deservingly well known for its amazing coffees, teas, deli sandwiches, wraps, hot breakfasts and more! Students don’t just go to Gotham Cafe for a quick bite to eat, but for the environment as well! It’s a great place for getting any school work or some extra reading done in quiet and in no time! Gotham Cafe is only a few short blocks from MMC, as it is located on 2nd Avenue between East 68th and 69th Streets.

3. Five Napkin Burger

Also close to MMC, Five Napkin Burger is – you guessed it – known for its mesmerizing burgers. This restaurant's mission is to make wholesome, unique and great-tasting meals, and it surely delivers. Located on East 70th Street and 2nd Avenue, these burgers are something you don’t want to miss out on.

4. Veritable

Located on 2nd Avenue between East 63rd and East 64th, almost all students pass by this gem of a restaurant on the daily. Veritable strives to serve the most delicious, yet heart-healthy meals around the Upper East Side and its slow cooking and simple ingredients are enough to make anyone want to come back for more.

5. Midtown Diner

Any MMC 55th Street resident knows the whereabouts of Midtown all too well. Located just up the block from the resident hall on 3rd Avenue and 55th street, you simply have to love Midtown. It's a great go-to place when you feel the urge to munch on something in the middle of the night, and with both eat-in and take-out options, it’s a prime spot to get your chow on. What’s also great about Midtown is that it accepts MMC dining dollars, so you don’t need to be afraid to make your order a Deluxe!

It’s true, the dining hall at Marymount Manhattan College never fails us. But we are going to college in New York City, after all! It would be shameful of us to not take advantage of the amazing types of foods made available to us, especially the ones right outside our bedroom doors. Here’s to late night snacking! 

Lead Image Credit: Fabrice Thys via Unsplash

Kellie Diodato - Marymount Manhattan College

C.S Lewis once said, "Nothing that you have not given away will ever really be yours." Maybe that's why we write. Theatre Arts Major at Marymount Manhattan College.