Every November without fail I think of loads of fun things I should have done in October and by the next October, I've long forgotten about them. This list is here to remind you what you're missing out on while it's still October! You're welcome in advance.

1. Decorate your dorm/apartment.

Decorating for Halloween is the most fun type of decorating, in my opinion. There are so many things you can do, too! Grab your roommates and take a trip to the dollar store and you can go all out for under $20.

2.  Have a Halloween movie marathon.

I'm a sucker for Halloween movies (especially old Disney Channel original movies) and there's no better way to spend a chilly fall night than a movie marathon. Some of my favorites include the Halloweentown series, Twitches, The Little Vampire, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Addams Family and Hocus Pocus— but there are so many others.

3. Go pumpkin picking.

You probably won't need a reminder for this one as Instagram is currently spammed with cute pumpkin patch photos. Overall, it's a fun experience and beats just buying a pumpkin from your local grocery store.

4. Go to a costume party.

Part of the fun of Halloween this year is the fact that you're able to celebrate it the weekend before, the day of and the weekend after! That's potentially 3 opportunities for dressing up even if you don't end up going to a costume party, so you have no excuse for missing it.

5. Hold a pumpkin carving contest.

Put your pumpkins to good use and transform them into artistic masterpieces (or at least attempt to). There are tutorials online but you can just as easily go about it yourself and see where that takes you. The end result will also make for a sweet social media post!

6. Visit a haunted house.

Whether it be a themed escape room, a local attraction or a literal house that's rumored to be haunted— this is the perfect spooky bucket list item to check off this month. 

7. Bake Halloween desserts.

Combine this with the movie marathon idea and you've got yourself a cute themed night in! If you're feeling lazy, you can get Pillsbury pumpkin cookies from the grocery store, or go all out and make cookies or cupcakes from scratch and then decorate them.

While October may be the start of midterm season for some, when you end up having free time to do something, you won't need to look any further than this list. There's something enjoyable for everyone and you can finally join the trend of "doing cute fall things" that everyone's been raving about!