Display lead
by Katie Taylor

23 Famous People Who Have Been in Greek Life

By Katie Taylor - Nov 05 2017

Have you ever wondered if there were any celebrities in your fraternity or sorority? Well check out the list below to see if you have any celebrity brothers or sisters.

1. Will Ferrell: Delta Tau Delta (DTD) at University of Southern California

This famous comedian was a DTD before he was Buddy the Elf. Hopefully the parties in his fraternity weren't as crazy as the parties he threw in "Old School."

2. Kathy Bates: Alpha Delta Pi (ADPi) at Southern Methodist University

Before this actress made it big starring in "Titanic" and "American Horror Story," she was an ADPi at her alma mater.

3. Seth Meyers: Phi Gamma Delta (Phi Gams) at Northwestern University

Seth threw it down with the Phi Gams back in his days at Northwestern, before his career in stand-up comedy on "SNL."

4. Carrie Underwood: Sigma Sigma Sigma at Northeastern State University

Before her break on "American Idol," Carrie was a Tri Sig, and she's still actively involved with their philanthropies.

5. Angela Kinsey: Chi Omega (Chi O) at Baylor University

Angela from "The Office" talks highly of her days at Baylor, and her involvement in Chi O was a big part of that. 

6. Martin Luther King Jr.: Alpha Phi Alpha at Morehouse College

This civil rights leader described himself as an "Alpha Man" in his college days before he went on to change the world.

Wikipedia Creative Commons

7. Steve Harvey: Omega Psi Phi at Kent State University

Before his days as a hilarious TV show host, Steve Harvey was in Omega Psi Phi.

8. Elizabeth Banks: Delta Delta Delta at University of Pennsylvania

This hilarious actress was a Tri Delt during her college days.

9. Ashton Kutcher: Delta Chi at University of Iowa

This funny actor was a frat boy in college, which isn't surprising at all.

10. Ty Burrell: Sigma Chi at University of Oregon

Before he was one of America's funniest dads on "Modern Family," Burrell was a Sig Chi back in his days as a duck.

11. Sophia Bush: Kappa Kappa Gamma (KKG) at USC

Sophia Bush was a KKG at the University of Southern California (USC) and her roommate while she was there, Brooke, was the namesake for her iconic character on "One Tree Hill."

12. John Hamm: Sigma Nu (Sig Nu) at University of Texas, Austin

Before he was Don Draper, he was a Sig Nu at UT Austin.

13. Wanda Sykes: Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA) at Hampton University

This great comedian was an AKA, which is historically the first sorority founded by African-American women.

14. Jennifer Garner: Pi Beta Phi at Denison University

Jennifer Garner was a Pi Beta Phi at Denison, where she majored in theater.

15. Adam Sandler: Tau Epsilon Phi at New York University

Adam Sandler was a Tau Epsilon Phi, along with some other well known names like Larry David and Jerry Springer.

16. Harper Lee: Chi Omega (Chi O) at University of Alabama

It's hard to imagine Harper Lee, a well known recluse, in a sorority, but she was a Chi O at Bama.

Wikipedia Creative Commons

17. Matthew McConaughey: Delta Tau Delta (DTD) at University of Texas, Austin

It seems very fitting to picture a young Matthew McConaughey in a frat, so it makes sense that he was a DTD.

18. Julia Louis-Dreyfus: Delta Gamma (DG) at Northwestern University

Before her acting days, Julia Louis-Dreyfus was a DG.

19. Eric Stonestreet: Pi Kappa Alpha (PKA) at Kansas State University

Believe it or not, Cam from "Modern Family" was in a frat. Eric Stonestreet was a PKA before he became an actor.

20. Brad Pitt:  Sigma Chi at University of Missouri

Before his days as one of Hollywood's most recognizable actors, Brad Pitt was a Sig Chi at Mizzou.

21. Willie Nelson: Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE) at Baylor University

Back in his younger days, Willie Nelson was a TKE at Baylor. We can only imagine the trouble he got into back then!

22. Condoleeza Rice: Alpha Chi Omega at University of Denver

Condoleeza Rice is a former United States Secretary of State, and before that she was an Alpha Chi.

Wikipedia Creative Commons

23. Michael Jordan: Omega Psi Phi at University of North Carolina

When he wasn't killing it on the court, Michael Jordan spent his free time with his fellow Omega Psi Phi's. The ceiling is the roof, y'all.

Although it’s pretty strange to think of these celebs going through rush, it just goes to show that before they were famous, they had normal lives too!

Lead Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons

Katie Taylor - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Katie Taylor is a sophomore at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in Business and minoring in Spanish. In her free time, you can find her instagramming her dog, baking anything with chocolate, or watching Game of Thrones.