Display carli jeen 431
by Katie Kim

What Coffee Orders Say About College Students

By Katie Kim - Feb 19 2017

Coffee seems to become an essential for practically all college students (that is, if it hasn't become an essential yet). It's a great drink to wake up to in the morning for those 8 AM classes and to stay awake to for those 2 AM cram sessions. This is what your coffee order says about you. 

1. Black Coffee

You like to keep things simple and you tend to be calm and reserved. Even during midterm or final exam season, you keep your cool and approach things in the way you know you do best. You're very in control of your emotions (and your life). 

2. Frappuccino (Preferably Vanilla)

You're not quite ready to take on more adult responsibilities. You're a child at heart and you're unwilling to make a change (at least not yet). You're carefree, which means you don't stress too much about your grades. You also probably value your sleep time — you won't ever sacrifice your eight hours of sleep. 

3. Iced Coffee

You're very clear about your preferences and you stick to them (no matter what the weather may be like). You're a creature of habit and like your day to be planned out. You eat at specific times, study at certain times and go to bed by a certain hour. 

4. Triple Espresso

You're bold and active. Your triple espresso order is usually to help keep you energized through all your school clubs, extra classes and endless exams. It's tiring, but you don't hate your schedule — in fact, you thrive off of challenges. You would much rather be running about than staying in and sleeping. Who needs sleep, anyway? 

5. Latte

You tend to stay on the safe side. You're not too outgoing, but you're not a complete introvert either. You'll go out with friends occasionally, but when the time calls for it, you'll be willing to stay in your dorm and study for hours for an upcoming exam or read a book. 

Despite all of our own preferences, we can all agree that coffee is a gift that we should never take for granted. Next time, try something new! You might be pleasantly surprised. 

Lead Image Credit: Carli Jeen via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram where she shares some of her happiest moments :)