Display lmnfrganeom melissa askew
by Katie Kim

The 7 Types of People You Meet at Parties

By Katie Kim - Jan 16 2017

Parties (especially those involving alcohol) are, without a doubt, a common occurrence among most college students' lives. If you've ever been to one of these parties, you will always come across many different personalities. Here are just a few of them.

1. The Mom

Every party has that one person who tends to be more responsible than the others. Kudos to that one friend who gave you plenty of water and made sure you weren't puking on the carpet after a long night of drinking. 

2. The Sober One

Not everyone likes to get drunk at parties. There will always be that one sober kid who goes to parties just to experience what the party atmosphere is like. This, of course, doesn't mean that they can't have fun, too. 

3. The Texter

This one goes out to that one person who can never seem to let go of their phone. They probably won't make an effort to engage in a conversation with you, but don't take it to heart because they won't really be talking to anyone else either. It's safe to say that we should all watch over these specific individuals because after a couple drinks, they will most likely be making calls and sending texts to people that they probably shouldn't be talking to. One thing's for certain — they will be in for quite the surprise the next morning. 

4. The "I'm Not Drunk"

Some people will try to convince others that they can handle several more shots when, in reality, they've gone way past their limit. They'll always shoot that one famous line: "I'm okay" (and typically, they'll say it when you haven't even asked them if they were actually okay).

5. The One Judging Everyone Else

This one goes out to that one person who likes to stand in the corner and scan all the people in the room. As long as they don't outwardly judge everyone, there will be no problem. 

6. The Social One

In every party, there's that one person who will always walk up to everyone in the room and try to spark up a short conversation and establish the party atmosphere. We should all be thankful to this person for bringing the party along with them. 

7. The Couple

You'll always find that one couple at a party that's lounging on the couch (and perhaps getting a little heated as well). They should really find a room, but no one's going to tell them that. 

Going to parties definitely allows you to learn a lot about people and a lot about different situations that you may not come across in your everyday life. No matter what happens, safety always comes first. Party cautiously but also have fun! 

Lead Image Credit: Melissa Askew via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram @kt.j.kim where she shares some of her happiest moments :)